- Single Malt
- Distillery Bottling
- Bottling serie
- AD 09.20:01
- Calculated age
- 05 years old
- 65% Bourbon & 35% Sherry Casks (PX & Oloroso)
- Number of bottles
- 46.8 % Vol.
- 50 ml 700 ml
- Inaugural Release - Batch 1
- Added on
- 21 Sep 2020 8:49 pm by Thomas75
72 × in wishlist
181 × member ratings
1331 × in collection
Whisky Reviews for Ardnamurchan 2014-2015
34 users have left a review for this whisky and scored it an average of 84.94 points
- Again shitty what's going on in terms of price ... Luckily there are local dealers who stick to the issue price. 49.95 € Support your local dealer !!! Ignore those who can't get enough of it!
- Issue price on October 23, 2020 in Germany: € 49.95
- Issue price on October 6, 2020: GBP 44.95
- For such an age already very well balanced. Certainly something with potential! Here and there you can still taste that it is a bit young. But that doesn't matter because it is a delicious whisky to simply enjoy.
Greasy wax, honey, very subtle smoky, a bit of rose petals, vanilla and something that reminds me of stone fruit but I can't tell what it is exactly.
Fat oil, pepper, cloves, honey, a little peat and some salty. Yet also a small sweet taste in it, which is reminiscent of fruit, but it is still difficult to name the exact fruits in this young whisky.
Greasy mouthfeel but a dry finish. Salty. Stinging on the tongue. Here the wax comes back from the nose together with pepper and honey. The aftertaste fades away quite quickly. The soft smoky stays the longest.
- Quite enjoyable, easy to drink moderately peated malt. Could have been really nice if it would not have been reduced to 46.8%
For 49€ a justifiable bottle but do not buy it for 70+
Quite pleasing and looking forward to the next years!
Fresh, pleasant. Lemons, green apples, distant smoke. Wet earth, reeds. Grass, garden herbs, hay flowers, clover.
Grilled lemon and some black pepper. White chocolate, chopped almonds. A trace of smoke.
- A young guy, still rowdy, but already showing very nice approaches of maturity and balance.
Fresh and malty, underlaid with herbs. Apple wedges, peppered with cloves. Fresh cut grass, hay. Pear compote with a pinch of nutmeg.
Malty and chocolaty on the tongue. Slightly oily. Toffee, caramel, chocolate lentils. Mild herb mix. Green apple, boiled pear. Almonds, hazelnuts.
Not surprisingly a relatively short finish. Nut nougat chocolate, almonds, honey, malt. A slight note of menthol remains on the tongue.