- Blended Grain
- Compass Box (CB)
- Bottling serie
- The Signature Range
- 1st Fill American Oak Casks
- Batch MMXVIII-C
- 43.0 % Vol.
- 700 ml
- Added on
- 18 Sep 2020 9:54 pm
4 × in wishlist
20 × member ratings
64 × in collection
Whisky Reviews for Hedonism Blended Grain Scotch Whisky CB
9 users have left a review for this whisky and scored it an average of 84.50 points
- N20 P20 F20 B20
- Golden sun colour, rich and powerful taste
Candy, vanilla cream, some coconut
Sweet, rich and complete. Like expensive candy with vanilla
The same, maybe more honey
- I love the nose on this. I get the sweet vanilla immediately, and the fruity bouquet was fantastic to just inhale! But, for some reason the pallet did not fulfill the expectations that were set pre-sip. Something was amiss in taste, almost an awkward bitter (?) contrast to the great fruity nose. Hedonism provided a new alternative to the single malts that I've been enjoying, but I'm not so thrilled with my overall experience given the price.
- Shows that grain whisky can taste just as good as malt - sweet, light & lovely (unlike me).
Bourbon notes - sweet, fruity, woody.
Light, sweet, foam bananas. Could drink this like water.
Sweet notes persist - medium length.
- This is basically the scotch version of a wheat whisky. It’s soooo bubblegum-forward. I think it’s actually saved by the casks. The toasty, oaky, vanilla character smooths things out a bit. There’s also not a hint of the metallic thinness usually associated with Scottish grain whisky.
You may notice that this review’s a bit shorter than my usual word-splosion. I see and appreciate what Mr. Glaser is trying to do here, and think he really does succeed. For my palate though, it doesn’t quite work. Maybe another time.
Nose: Light and sugary-sweet. Very wheat-forward. Bubblegum, vanilla, and pear drops. Some fake banana flavouring like in banana candies. Delicate and slightly creamy.
Palate: Light texture. Oh man, it’s a bubblegum bomb. Like at first it just tasted like distilled bubblegum. There’s a little more going on, though. The bubblegum turns into banana cream pie, coconut, and vanilla. There’s a nice fuzzy heat on the development- pepper, toasted wood, and nutmeg. A bit of a rice-wine-esque tartness.
Finish: Lingering sweetness. Lots more vanilla now, along with more nutmeg and some honeycomb. Definitely some bubblegum hanging on.
- Doesn't do it for me. Flat a little boring grain.
- Balance (20.5)
Funny experience, perfectly shows how a bourbon barrel affects alcohol (84.5)
The aroma is lacquer, borbon ... caramel sweetness, vanilla, cream, spicy vegetables. Excellent bourbon !!! ???? Green grass, chocolate and a little metal (21.5)
Sweet, Creamy, Vanilla Horror (21)
Finish sweet, varnish and vanilla ... grain (21)
- An average whiskey only. Too expensive for what he brings. I tried him in the blind tasting.
Green sour apple, lots of fresh wood, vanilla
sweet, vanilla, little complex, no fruit
short, sweet, a little oak