Hedonism Blended Grain Scotch Whisky CB

Strength
5065000482039
18 Sep 2020 8:52 pm by Slàinte Mhath

Whisky Reviews for Hedonism Blended Grain Scotch Whisky CB

7 users have left a review for this whisky and scored it an average of 82.80 points

1. Slàinte Mhath scored this whisky 86 points Super Administrator

I have fallen for grain whisky, and the 20th anniversary of Compass Box Hedonism was a good excuse to get myself a bottle. As soon as you put your nose to it, rich notes of custard, crème brûlée and coconut unfold. Baked banana, ginger and hints of sage lurk in the second row. Like a liquid dessert, the palate pleases the senses with creamy vanilla, white chocolate and a touch of piña colada. Dry oak spices, fennel and peppermint introduce the surprisingly long finish. Although not very complex, I cannot deny the fact that this truly is a hedonistic dram!

RATING: 3.9/5.0 stars ≙ 86 pts → FIRST-CLASS [-]

2. peatbogger scored this whisky 83 points Specialist

I've exchanged quite a few grains with Slàinte Mhath in a sort of joint adventure into this side of Scotch, and I think this bottle was an impulse buy to see if the slightly younger ones can live up to the well matured ones we have tried.
    Compass Box should be a warrant for the quality, and if you ask them they will reveal all the details.
    Not sure if I remember right, but I think this is a blend of 21 and 23 year old.
    No doubt there is quality in the bottle, but maybe not quite up to the price you have to pay.
      Nothing wrong with the nose on this one. As grains go it is not too expressive, but the bourbon cask influence is there.
      Sweet cereal with vanilla notes and hints of yellow fruit.
      A little more muted than those of twice the age.
      My first taste of this one was in a small Glencairn, writing this note I have poured a dram in the larger version.
      And in the larger glass I get some candle wax notes and bubble gum that I didn't find in the small glass.
    • Taste
      Sweet and fruity on arrival.
      The sweetness is countered by a good build up of spice.
      Soft bourbon like vanilla flavours.
      I may be spoiled in expectations by a recent handful of very old and very good single grains, but I feel this one doesn't quite manage to reach the peak it promised on arrival. The performance somehow falls a little flat midway.
      A little short of medium length, vanilla sweetness which unfortunately goes a little harsh on the death.

3. Feorag86 scored this whisky 86 points Expert Junior

Creme brulee, oranges and vanilla beans
    • Taste
      Vanilla cream, peaches and black pepper
      Peppermint, anis and chocolate

4. fnk scored this whisky 87 points Expert Junior

The first time I tried Grain whiskey and I must say that it left a very good impression. Unusual aroma, "impregnated" with sweetness at all stages. It is very good, the scale has quietly left, I do not mind buying the Central Bank) I will continue to get acquainted with the products of Compass Box.

5. valasios scored this whisky 81 points Expert Senior

6. karloff scored this whisky 80 points Specialist

This was a sample courtesy of Peatbogger.
    This wasn't bad at all but considering the ages and price tag I was expecting something a bit more special.
      What is it with me and the nose of grain whisky. Is it just me who struggles with it?
      Try my best and here goes.
      Butterscotch and green tea.
      I've found it easier if I smell the sample bottle.
      New leather and there is a sweetness, not sure put it's nice.
    • Taste
      And just as usual the taste is something else.
      Nice and strong spicy arrival.
      The grains are quite strong, normally with the old stuff they are quite subdued but this is perfectly fine with me I like it.
      Buttery texture with green apple skins and boiled cabbage water.
      Strange old combination but it works.
      The finish is a bit of a let down, not a massive letdown though.
      It's quite short and there is not much left behind, good or bad.

7. gunnarbr scored this whisky 82 points Newbie

Light and floral. Not too expressive, but still very delightfull.
    • Taste
      Vanilla and (almond) nuts with hints of spice and citrus.
      Goes a bit bitter after a medium length finish.