51 × in wishlist
93 × member ratings
1014 × in collection
Whisky Reviews for Macallan Classic Cut
11 users have left a review for this whisky and scored it an average of 87.32 points
- 1547) The Macallan, Classic Cut, Limited 2020 Edition
N- The 4th in this limited annual series. Puffy leather raises the curtains for this splendid 55% liquid sunshine to flow effortlessly with traces of ripeness and refinement. Classic charred orange peels with grated rock candy rounded up with sweet dried fruits and fresh pinkish gari. Stimulating and inviting. (90/22)
P- Melt in your mouth. Delicate and silky with balanced of sweet/sour equation. Abundance of dried orange for the Vitamin C with mesmerizing juicy sweet and spicy gari ginger. (91/22)
F- Medium long, zingy, mildly spicy, orange pralines and dried citrus stripes. (89/22)
Weighted Rate- 88pt
- Color of dark white wine. Scent: Vanilla, sweetness, no sherry influence, the pre-filling of the barrels with bourbon is very clear, butterscotch, light fruit (not identifiable). Taste (diluted with water to less than 50%): sweetness, intense, typical Bourbon cask aromas, somewhat one-dimensional, mouthcoating, medium-long finish, no off-notes, but nothing special either. I had a sample and there was no way I would buy this bottle. There is so much better.
- Tasted on 01-22-2020.
- It's awesome value macallan
- Smooth, well balanced, really that much alc.? You drink it and you want more...NAS that expensive? Well I´m thinking about!
- A positive surprise. On the nose a little hot initially as expected, 55% ABV and NAS so young distillates likely included. But there's much more and it all unfolds given time. Water tamed the nose but made it less interesting. Palate, very nice. Does not need water IMHO, big surprise. Oaky, yeah but in a good way. For some reason the oak aroma in particular reminds me a lot of a Glenfarclas 25 bottled circa 2018. Just a little feistier. Not cheap but not bad either.