62 × in wishlist
240 × member ratings
390 × in collection
Whisky Reviews for Laphroaig Original Cask Strength
13 users have left a review for this whisky and scored it an average of 91.09 points
- Tried this side by side with the 10 yo Red Stripe 55.7%... I got a feeling this contains older Laphroaigs than the Red Stripe... deeper. more concentrated, earthy nose and palate... some reviews mentioned this as slightly fruity, but seriously, I didn't detect much of the fruits, but it is a tour-de-force of a Laphroaig. It is currently winter, and I would love to be drinking this everyday!
- Tasting Notes:
- The Green Stripe series is famous for being among the best. I must agree. This dram was superb.
Peat smoke, stewed fruits, burnt wood, seabreeze and whiffs of iodine. With aeration, tar, ginger, earthy notes.
Peat smoke, ashes, medicinal notes, brine and plenty of delicious combo lemon and pepper.
Long, peaty, smoky, lemony, earthy.
- This is what Laphroaig 10 is al about. Complex and so well-balanced.
Inmense,but fragrant, with herbal notes; Yellow Chartreuse ,angelica, Suze-like gentian, savoury and anise before the kelp kicks in, alongside heavier oils and phenols . This brightness contrasts with the tarry background.
Huge smoke from the instant it hits the lip. Coal tar builds. There's the nutty sweetness seen on the nose. It's this sweet element that is accentuated with water. adding texture and balance.
Oily and lengthy, with some bay leaf.
- With water: More grass, minerals, sea salt and fruits.
Concerning price/performance ratio: 10/10
Smoke, iodine, burned banana and papaya, sea salt, mineral, wet grass, medicinal, iron, very earthy, ginger.
Ginger, TCP, machine oil, very earthy, sweet sea salt.
Long. Peat, sweet bonfire and machine oil covered with earth.
- Laphroaig Tasting Notes:
Colour: Rich, deep gold
Nose: Powerfull, smoke and earthy aromas, seaweed
Body: Full bodied
Taste: Massive peat smoke, huge flavour, complex, seashore salt, fading sweetness at the finish
Finish: Long and savoury
- It's the good old Laphroaig as I first tasted it, only more of it, more peat, more tar, more sea, more iodine, more alcohol, more everything... I love it!
Only thing not to like about this one is that my bottle is now empty.
- This is simply amazing.
The alcohol is too strong, 2 drops of water and it's heaven.