25 × in wishlist
49 × member ratings
176 × in collection
Whisky Reviews for Secret Speyside Distillery 2003 MBl
12 users have left a review for this whisky and scored it an average of 88.02 points
- UVP vs. Whisky(.)de (188€!!!) Sorry, they are part of the hype making profit in such a cheap manner. They are expensive anyway but this is the top. You can count around 20% profit bevore tax ect (which is fine) but + 70% as they hype... Make your own decision.
- UVP 107€.
- Nobody here needs to be artificially upset about the dealers who charge a huge surcharge on the bottles when at the same time x bottles are for sale at a fancy price within a short time.
The people who are ruining this market for good are not the dealers who simply want to take the margin from the "secondary market" themselves. It is the people who only buy such bottles in order to get rid of them for a profit shortly afterwards.
If I were a dealer, I wouldn't leave this difference to the vultures from the secondary market.
- It's not bad, it's okay for around € 100.
But no comparison to # 1632
- "Macallan" again?... ;)
- quite sure that this is no Macallan this time
- So the aroma doesn't convince me. Due to the artificial notes and the pungent alcohol, he looks almost younger than he is. The taste and finish are okay, but nothing that captivates you.
The sherry is there of course. But somehow the fruits look a bit artificial. Wine gum and industrial jam (raspberry and strawberry). The alcohol also stings relatively strongly. In addition, some spices and a little oak.
The fruits no longer appear quite as artificial in the mouth as they did in the nose. Much sweetness. Aronia honey. Cane sugar. Red multivitamin juice. Then the oak tingles and spices properly. But it's not uncomfortable.
The fruits become more sour. Chocolate. A bit of cinchona bark.