- Single Malt
- Distillery Bottling
- Bottling serie
- Malt Scotch Whisky
- Stated Age
- 12 years old
- Oak Casks
- 43.0 % Vol.
- 750 ml
- Dumpy bottle, screen printed label
- Bottled for
- Ferraretto Import Milano
- Added on
- 08 Jun 2010 1:11 pm
12 × in wishlist
83 × member ratings
131 × in collection
Whisky Reviews for Highland Park 12-year-old
11 users have left a review for this whisky and scored it an average of 89.51 points
- Old style HP but I like HP to be more punchy
Dusty, lots of coffee, toffee, old wood, resinous notes, brown sugar, milk chocolate, spices, old books, whiffs of smoke and leather - really not bad
Very oily, creamy, honey, good sweetness, cooked fruits, oranges, some heather and spices, more old books
Medium long, warm, spicy
- Floral vanilla honey reminds me a bit of cognac but lacks a bit of punch and character, easy to drink though
- N- A well preserved old bottling that still retaining much of the original strength. Floral malt with pleasing creamy sherry, oily vanilla honey. Full and rounded baked green herbs, cigar matches. Layers with vanilla, peppers and more floral. Creaminess with green tinges in great harmony.
P- Honey with intriguing and superb buttery sour creamy fruits at the back palate. Deliciously blended, solid with little weak spot to picked at.
F- Medium, pleasing soft floral, a gentle nectar with plenty of muscle. Creamy oak coating for an echoing finished.
- Deep gold color, more peaty nose than the current HP, more marked honey, heather, melted, caramel, dried fruit, old wood, humus, tobacco, very classy. Palate with a nice thick texture, melted by the weather, on the aromas of the nose, but a little soft at 43%, with a rather short finish. A whisky not necessarily better than the current traffic jams at the level of the general balance, but the different aromatic, much more noble, less standardized.
- On the nose, an explosion of diffuse and strong flavors at the same time! then smoke, old wood!, vegetables (broccoli) and mushrooms steamed, a little camphorated, fruits in jam, (multi fruit compote, sweet, caramelized, one that cooks gently on a wood stove) !
short, intense nose!
no resemblance with the 12 years of now !!
here, fine but present peat, wood, caramel, salted butter, spices, fruits especially in very pleasant compote.
- This expression is more woody and peaty and more tart than the others
('Single Malt Scotch Whisky' and 'The Single Malt Scotch Whisky').
The nose offers not so much first … - after a while it opens up from mineral and window glass flavors to wood spices, Cognac and burnt coffee beans etc.
Taste is very nice and the finish is great.
Strong and wild character.
- First impressions after opening the bottle -
I'm sure this Fine Spirit will develop very well the next weeks and months.
It was a great pleasure for FineSpirits_butler1 and me!
Old wooden gate, honey, tart citrus peal, tart currant juice (later also some other red fruits), peat mixes by, rocky coast, Engl. Marmalade, wet wood planks at the harbor, great spices from the wood, Demerara sweetness becomes more, the wood is old and aromatic and connects very well to the other flavors, wood smoke appears from time to time, some sausages and meaty flavors, gherkins, camphor, vinegar - leather - roast - marinade, then scouring powder … - later also some pure leather ...
Peat (as an spicy addition), wood smoke, lemon (and peal) - the citrus components are very prominent here and from the 'old' kind, some pepper in the jams and the honey, spiciness, a little salt, some sausage (with peal!), Demerara, cocoa powder, raw cucumber - also some other vegetables, wood paint, scouring powder, mackerel, fruit pickles (in alcohol), some maltiness, camphor, Bergamot, a bit minty, leather, 'warm and a kind of golden' (FS_b1) ...
Honey, jam sweetness, peat, wood, old lemon, citrus peal, pepper, Bergamot, tart - light bitter (pleasant!), legumes, heather, walnut shell, fruit brandies, leather, some cocoa powder, aftertaste of honey and cherry jams …
later also salt and peppermint, forest impressions