- Whiskybase ID
- Single Malt
- The Scotch Malt Whisky Society (SMWS)
- Bottling serie
- The humble crumble
- Stated Age
- 18 years old
- 1st Fill Ex-Bourbon Barrel
- Number of bottles
- 56.4 % Vol.
- 700 ml
- Added on
- 02 Sep 2020 5:51 pm by Tauti
9 × in wishlist
18 × member ratings
64 × in collection
Whisky Reviews for Macallan 2002 SMWS 24.144
6 users have left a review for this whisky and scored it an average of 89.79 points
- And here again: just sold out, the bottling is already offered for three times as much. Such USERS puke me off ... Sorry about the OT!
- It's a well-made whisky. But not really my taste due to the sharpness in the mouth - so I would probably not buy it again.
Honey, sweet honey, some alcohol, caramel from baked apples, marigold
At first sweet on the tongue, but then comes a cinnamon spiciness. It remains on the tip of the tongue after the exit.
Medium length, rather short, warming. A little woody.
- Issue price in September 2020: 195.00 GBP
- SMWS Tasting Notes: Light cinnamon spice announced a free-for-all on apple crumble with custard, vanilla slices and apricot Danish pastries as pine nuts joined cashew nut butter. Nutmeg and roasted chestnuts appeared on the palate with sticky treats like toffee apples, butterscotch and apricot jam. Water suggested earthy elements as fresh root vegetables roasted in butter and beetroot chocolate cake merged with bramble hedgerows. Rhubarb crumble and custard returned us to sweet domains but now with ginger cake, maple syrup and caramel shortbread. Finally pineapple joined hot cross buns with spiced rum and a pot of Earl Grey tea that complimented ginger biscuits on the finish.