- Whiskybase ID
- Distillery Bottling
- Bottling serie
- Small Batch Kentucky Straight Bourbon Whiskey Finished in Toasted New Oak Barrels
- New Charred Oak/ New Toasted Oak
- 47.0 % Vol.
- 750 ml
- Father of Bourbon
- Bottle code
- Added on
- 27 Aug 2020 10:54 am by MaltEdMalt
7 × in wishlist
27 × member ratings
52 × in collection
Whisky Reviews for Elijah Craig Toasted Barrel
6 users have left a review for this whisky and scored it an average of 85.17 points
- Nose brings forth a rich vanilla plus notes of fresh almonds.
Palate is nutty, with vanilla drizzle, notes of dried rye.
Finish is more of the rye and vanilla.
- Smell: Different from small batches, it has a more intense sweet taste. Butter is added with biscuits and big tuo whipped cream, which is more moist and not so dry. Some dried fruits and salt-fried nuts, dried apricots, and liquor smell more For young. 87/100
Taste: Kraft paper, brown sugar, butter biscuits, chocolate fun, whipped cream, cinnamon caramel macchiato, a little herbal flavor, preserved fruit. 86/100
Body: Medium-bodied, but still loose, not much oil 85/100
Ending rhyme: long, nut shell, sawdust, cane sugar 86/100
- A great value with classic toasted barrel notes, slight yeast, but prominent and refined cherry notes. Some may overlook the cherries due to subtle yeast notes that really die down to reveal a defined and respectable body and finish.
bold red fruit Door County cherries, vanilla, jasmine rice, lemon, sweet mustard, black pepper, toffee, slight campfire
coffee, caramel, corn, wheat, pepper, ash, dry pistachios,
pepper, honey, ash, ethanol, cherries, nice to chew, then enjoy the oak linger.