- Whiskybase ID
- Single Malt
- Distillery Bottling
- Stated Age
- 12 years old
- Oloroso, PX & Virgin Oak
- 46.0 % Vol.
- 700 ml
- Bottle code
- L 02 06 20 , L 03 06 20
- Added on
- 16 Aug 2020 9:58 pm by jstep83
5 × in wishlist
30 × member ratings
98 × in collection
Whisky Reviews for Glenallachie 12-year-old
7 users have left a review for this whisky and scored it an average of 85.62 points
- Well, at least now, the same thing has happened to the 12 as to the rest of Billy Walker's range. The whisky was drowned in sherry. It's a shame.
- Aroma: open, fortified sweet wine, a huge set of dried fruits, - figs, dates, dried apricots, pears, dried cranberries, all poured with syrup and mixed in one container. In the background are chocolate shades, caramel, a touch of malt, oak and wax.
Taste: rather mild, light spices - cinnamon, cloves, a little black pepper, a lot of dark raisins, prunes, tobacco, dark chocolate, astringent wood.
Finish: oily, wood, berry jam, dark raisins, prunes, everything is seasoned with chocolate, medium length.
Bottom line: the barrels won in this batch, the infernal mixing of active barrels did not give GlenAllachie a chance, only light malt notes slip through in the aroma.
- Very rich on nose, sour cherries, clementines, wood notes, bit of chocolate, tabacco and orange. Mouthwatering, slightly overwhelming, agressive wood notes. Less sweet than 15y and more oaky. Decent whisky for good value. Price/performance 9/10. Expectation scale 10/8
- i dont get why this whisky was so hyped. i mean, it is a decent dram but for me personally the amount of fresh french oak in this one is too high which makes it to (fresh) oaky with this young spices i do not like in whisky. sometimes i get too much of that in a fresh bottle and it gets better with time but unfortunately not with this one.
fizzy fruit, red fruit but not dried, cranberries, some virgin oak notes, sweet candy, kiwi,
red apple compott, a lot of spicy oak notes which i am not a big fan of, makes it quite unround. a lot of oaky bitterness which annoys me.
middle long with a light burn.