- Whiskybase ID
- Single Malt
- Distillery Bottling
- Stated Age
- 12 years old
- Oak Casks
- Batch 2905
- 40.0 % Vol.
- 700 ml
- Bottle code
- Added on
- 22 Jul 2020 9:18 pm by Dagobert100
2 × in wishlist
37 × member ratings
166 × in collection
Whisky Reviews for Aberfeldy 12-year-old
9 users have left a review for this whisky and scored it an average of 77.97 points
- Smooth and sweet.
- Fine, a bit fruity, but altogether average.
- This Aberfeldy 12 Year Old, even with a distinct “Batch 2905” moniker, tasted like a very safe, entry-level Scotch whisky that just wasn’t very enjoyable. This is a great example of where 40% ABV yields nothing beneficial to the dram: The flavors are nearly indistinct with some general sweetness. And even with the low ABV, your palate is hit with a rough ginger spiciness and heat. Add in a short finish, and this is something I don’t see myself ordering again.
Acetone, indistinct fruits, maybe vanilla.
Thin mouthfeel. Even at 40% ABV, there’s some real ginger spice roughness, but at the same time it tastes watered down in terms of flavors. Light honey, summer fruits generic taste that’s hard to make out anything more distinct.
Short finish. More ginger, oak bitterness, vanilla.
- Casknumber: Batch 2905
Strength: 40.0% Vol.
Smell: grass, soil, alcohol, fresh wood, vanilla pod, cream. Taste: low flavor, alcohol, astringency, bitter base, wood, syrup, honey. Body: light wine. Final rhyme: bitter base, syrup
First hit is an oak wood, then cream, vanilla, sweets, chocolate, fruity. You just want to stay a bit and smell it!
little oily, delicately fruity, creamy, a bit vanilla, but peppery taste of alcohol destroy it a bit
short, enjoyable, but feels empty, because taste evaporates too soon.
fresh fruits, sweet, floral, apple, pear, honey
sweet, cinnamon, ginger, honey, pepper, fresh fruits, very pleasant
oak bitterness, dry, warm and long
- Smell: sweet girly perfume, accompanied by a touch of oil, like a curly-haired girl standing in front of a coffee shop chewing gum, seductive and mysterious, and releases the aroma of malt and cardamom after being placed, which is comfortable and pleasant people
Dripping water and smelling fragrance: fried escargot with perilla
Rub your hands and smell the fragrance: holding a pile of chaff in your hand
Tasting: Take a sip of the bitterness and bitterness of herbal tea, but the sweetness that penetrates even the teeth, the wine is light, moist, and highly recognizable
Ending rhyme: medium-length ending rhyme, richer oily feeling
Summary: As the main base wine of the emperor, Eberdi has a highly recognizable flavor, in fact, there is a taste that has not been described.
ps: This is an old note
- very nice inviting aroma. Nice entry-level whisky, but I like the 16 a lot better.
Warming, malty sweetness, fresh and fruity, a little orange
Honi, tasty, mild, then it becomes spicy, oak, slightly woody
in short, very light smoke, sweetness remains