23 × in wishlist
386 × member ratings
965 × in collection
Whisky Reviews for Isle of Jura Superstition
40 users have left a review for this whisky and scored it an average of 79.97 points
- Lots of wood, very young and sweet, a little smoke, but not the yellow of the egg.
- A rather pleasant nose, slightly oily peat carried by lemon peel, a little apricot and quince jam, and at the bottom, at the bottom, ashes, a medicinal point.
In the mouth, it's quite simple, light caramel and peat, nuts, always apricot. But the pepper begins to pound the palate, it scratches the mouth, it's a final like a fragmentation grenade, it burns in the true sense of the word. However, I can smell other spices, nutmeg, cloves, cardamom, and a cinnamon shadow when the fire is gone.
The resemblance to the Skye Talisker is striking, but the nose is less iodized, and the final much stronger.
- Simple and pleasant, light, soft, I really like the general style of the distillery, so, perhaps, the score will come out slightly overpriced, but nevertheless ..
Raw, cool, light smoky smoked notes, jerky, wet wool, dried caviar, manure, wet hay.
Soft, delicate, moderately sweet, light oak, a little pepper, dried caviar.
Light, airy, pepper, weak ginger tones, light oak bitterness, herbal notes.
- I think this is good value and if the nose was better it would have scored higher
- I like this, a simple profile and it works.
Fudge, prune, steamed cabbage, caramel, wet leaves
Big blast of peat initially, honey, hint of orange, .cream, faint taste of iron bru mixed in with ginger
Reasonable length and pleasantly sweet.
- This is the recommendation for me, if a beginner wants to cuddle comfortably in smoke, in the sweet chocolate-smoke combo is completely peaceful and the whisky is good and easy to smell and taste. Works in the whisky bar regularly and is well received, for 40 € in the liter bottle to outrageously cheap.
intense and open, milk chocolate, medium strong (would say, about Bowmore level), sweetish, round smoke, with a slight sweet earthy note
soft and round and creamy and holds what the nose promises, smoky chocolate, nut nougat, a small touch of resin / tree needles, does not bite, does not scratch, not bitter
medium, and here comes next to the milk chocolate but still some bite - pepper and and the smoke sounds a bit bitter
- Colour: E150a
Nose: Lots of spice, tonnes of cinnamon, nutmeg, pepper, touch of smoke. Some sweetness with a cakey vanilla.
Taste: Fruity with lots of spicy cinnamon and some fruit and vanilla.
Finish: Short/Medium length. Spice with some smoke and salt.
Lightly peated, NAS. This is better, I like the cinnamon note on this.