- Whiskybase ID
- Single Malt
- Gordon & MacPhail (GM)
- Bottling serie
- Connoisseurs Choice - Cask Strength
- Stated Age
- 16 years old
- Refill Sherry Hogshead
- Number of bottles
- 59.2 % Vol.
- 700 ml
- Batch 20/039
- Added on
- 18 Jul 2020 10:22 pm by CortheFarmer
19 × in wishlist
37 × member ratings
42 × in collection
Whisky Reviews for Aberfeldy 2003 GM
11 users have left a review for this whisky and scored it an average of 87.47 points
- I tried another Alberfeldy 1993 by GM before so I bought this bottle.
But this one do disappoint me. Alberfeldy should be full of apricot fruity but this one isn't.
It's not a bad dram, typical Speyside style but not as fruity as expected. Quite hot on palate as well.
- Lots of bright fruits.
In the mouth it is rather hearty with a lot of oak
- The nose is exciting. Not incredibly complex, but interesting.
A delicate smoke both on the nose and on the palate. Was there a Benromach in the default setting ?!
Quite fruity and lovely. Full fruit bouquet. Clear raisins, plums, cashews and burnt coffee. Interestingly, very delicate smoke too.
Here, too, delicate smoke with oranges and again the cashew nuts. A bit of Chinese rice wine is also therefore. The raisins are only distantly perceptible
The finish does not bring much new, but consistently continues the palate.
- A modern sherry barrel maturation, very tasty but also without great depth and tension. I'm guessing a barrel made from American white oak. Those who like the modern sherry profile are in good hands here. Personally, I find it tasty and drinkable, but too interchangeable in view of the price and therefore quite expensive for a large bottle.
Alcohol noticeable; nice refill sherry nose; fruity-sweet; tender red fruits; Orange notes; Dates; Figs; some pepper; delicate spicy oak
strong and spicy start; in addition intense sweetness; Oranges; Brown sugar; slightly peppery and spicy
warming; sparkling peppery flavor; delicate fruit notes, slightly nutty; Oak