Koval Single Barrel - Bourbon

14 Jul 2020 10:50 am by Malzbrenner
UncoloredNon-chillfilteredSingle Cask Whisky

one in wishlist

Whisky Reviews for Koval Single Barrel - Bourbon

1 users have left a review for this whisky and scored it an average of 78.50 points

1. majoma1960 scored this whisky 78 points Expert Senior

I received a sample of this as part of a Bourbon tasting set. Previously I never entertained the idea of Bourbon and this selection box was meant to check if this were still the case. After pouring the 4cl sample I was straightaway hit by the smell of paint thinner, which did not bode well. I accept that my Bourbon taste sensors are underdeveloped to say the least but even though I find the taste somewhat one- dimensional, though not an unpleasant vanilla/oak flavour. The literature tells me to expect tropical fruits and a sweet body....with a unique soft and rounded finish. I would agree with the soft and round aspect but could not detect the aforementioned fruits. To me the finish was short and underwhelming. Would I spend money on a bottle? I don't think so. 78 points as it is nice and easy to drink but also easy to forget. Best part was the lingering smell emanating from the leftover residue the next morning.