7 × in wishlist
39 × member ratings
57 × in collection
Whisky Reviews for Secret Highland Malt 2007 Sb
10 users have left a review for this whisky and scored it an average of 86.57 points
- Ah. The building on the label looks like the lovely Clyneli... distillery. Or not?
- Mineral, citrus, leather, tropical notes, honey, Gewürztraminer, quite enjoyable
- Roasted nuts, raisins, eraser, straw, caramel, spicy, ginger, citric. Fairly balanced, moderate texture, delicate, slightly sweet, watery, medium body, medium intensity, monotonous.
- Good, solid Clynelish, fortunately the vinous notes are not so strong on the palate as on the nose - not bad
Quite vinous notes, nuts and raisins, white wine, citric, hints of minerals, little earthy notes, whiffs of leather
Oily, creamy, little punchy, citric, subtle sweetness, more nuts and raisins, honeydew, spices, also hints of leather, orange zest, little woody notes - not bad
Medium long, warm, spicy, zesty, little more woody, little herbal
- .. it is a Clyne.... see lable ;-)
- It's a Teanin...
- Tried it again today, and after a while in the glass it likes it better today. The nose is even stronger, now also sweet and with a distinct honey. Pineapple? Fruit gums and really sugar-sweet in between. Citrus fruits in the background. The nose is great today, even if it is not very waxy and not at all mineral.
In the mouth then similar to before, spicy, tart and very weak on the chest, soft but somehow watery. The oak and something salty comes out; oily and slightly waxy, but for me not a strong beeswax, no mineral notes and the finish evaporates very quickly.
Today I would give N-87, T-83, F-81, which would mean better 84 points
- The dram was already in the glass for a good 45 minutes, I was distracted with home improvement ... ups.
The nose is creamy and oily and is a little alcoholic, as you can tell the 13 years. Very spicy, oak, oriental spice market, tart, salty and somewhere a little rubber or something. Interesting, there is a lot to discover.
A little disappointing in my mouth. Too weak on the chest, almost watery. Still spicy, not sweet, bitter, oily and with this slightly dirty note with rubber. Somehow I can't say much about it, I can't do much more. The finish is then more of the same, more tart oak, more salt, and somewhat soft and somehow weak.
I'm a little disappointed. I would like to hear what the other FT participants say about it and will try again in a few days ...
N-84, T-81, F-80, totally disappointing 82 points