50 × in wishlist
52 × member ratings
130 × in collection
Whisky Reviews for Imperial 21-year-old ElD
11 users have left a review for this whisky and scored it an average of 89.46 points
- One gets the impression that there is a good reason why the barrels were married here. Not a bad malt, but the price-performance ratio doesn't really suit my taste. The point that Imperial was still considered an insider tip among the Lost Distilleries has unfortunately been exceeded. As a collector's item in nice packaging, it is certainly an ornament. But if you just want to enjoy delicious Imperial, you are better served with the simple Van Wees bottlings from the late 1990s, which a few months ago were still in shops for around EUR 100.
- I had a sample of Whisky Jason and the feeling he gave me a Willie;)
Pear, pear, pear, a light herbal note and seaweed
Honey and again pear, pear, pear
Pear ..... a Willie in disguise
- Comes very mildly on the tongue. Nice light sweetness of red fruits. Not too hard. Later slight heat.
But everything in nice interplay.
- A relatively light color for its age.
Thin, almost oily streaks on the glass.
First young wood.
Fine, slightly sweet wood.
I don't actually smell much more.
Very strong start.
He has something.
Spicy notes, liquorice, honey, bitter wood.
Over time, it becomes more aromatic, milder, with a hint of vanilla, as I like it.
A wonderful aroma.
Something ordinary in the mouth.
- Simple, pear-like, but somehow very, very tasty, I am absolutely not an Imperial fan, but it goes very much in my direction.
Grasses, subtle pear, vanilla, macadamia, tick light malt, all in all rather reserved, lemongrass
Cedarwood, apricot, honeydew melon, sweet pear, light malt, lots of vanilla, rock sugar, light honey, tick chamomile and tonka, pecans
Tonka, malt, slightly dusty, grapes, medium length, pear
- A really nice maturation, very typical Refill Bourbon. Tasty, but justifying the high price?
Closed distillery is the only specialty here that explains the rather high price. For me no purchase at> 200 €
Lemon sweets, flowers, fresh and cooling notes, grassy, alcohol very well integrated
A decent start, the 21 years give a lot of spice, sweetness is clearly present, again sweets, a hint of vanilla, honey, a little nut at the back
Communication, flavor and sweetness keep the balance, not particularly intense for the age