- Single Malt
- Distillery Bottling
- Bottling serie
- Single Cask
- Stated Age
- 12 years old
- Rioja Barrel
- Number of bottles
- 59.8 % Vol.
- 700 ml
- Bottled for
- Specially Selected For Germany
- Added on
- 16 Jun 2020 4:54 pm by niskat
17 × in wishlist
13 × member ratings
47 × in collection
Whisky Reviews for Glenallachie 2007
3 users have left a review for this whisky and scored it an average of 85.45 points
- First, maple syrup, soup herbs, salty chicken broth in the nose. Then berries and a thick rum note. Interesting and inexplicable. Nice nutty and winey in the mouth, sweet herbal candy. Not too dry, not too sweet. Nice barrel. Certainly the most interesting from the "for Germany" series. But that doesn't mean "easy drinking" either.
- This malt tolerates (and needs) a lot of water.
Without water: very strong alcohol in the nose, literally stinging. Violent and sharp on the tongue.
Fruity on the nose, slightly floral and herbaceous, depending on the amount of water still clearly noticeable alcohol. Lots of sweet red berries in the mouth, short to medium finish.
If you like malts aged in wine barrels, this is the place for you.
- Interesting whisky with unfortunately little red wine note
Grapes, white pepper, sweet red fruits, soap
Grapes again, boiled fruits, getting sharper
Bitterness, inconspicuous, not very complex