- Whiskybase ID
- Single Malt
- Gordon & MacPhail (GM)
- Bottling serie
- Celtic Series - Book of Kells
- Stated Age
- 49 years old
- Bourbon Cask
- 53.2 % Vol.
- 700 ml
- Bottle code
- Bottled for
- The Whisky Fair
- Added on
- 15 May 2010 12:52 pm
24 × in wishlist
63 × member ratings
45 × in collection
Whisky Reviews for Strathisla 1960 GM
7 users have left a review for this whisky and scored it an average of 92.60 points
- Honey, apricots, almonds, intense and complex
- Just compared this one to the Strathisla 1967 Cask 6112 for LMDW (50%) and this one is clearly better - strength is almost equal but this one is more fruity and better balanced.
I also just tasted an old Auchentoshan 1965 that had a very similar tropical nose but couldn't fulfill the promise on the palate.
That makes this one even better as the whole package is very good.
- On the nose like some of the greatest old Bowmores and on the palate it can really keep up with the nose, the finish is long and good. This one is very well balanced and just fantastic!
Intense, fruity, tropical fruits, ripe bananas, pineapples, passion fruit, sugar cane, honey comb, whiffs of meaty and smoky, very decent wood notes - Superb!
Punchy, oily, creamy, fruity - the exotic fruits are back, little peppery, subtle sweetnees in balance with finest oak wood, hints of vanilla - Excellent!
No water needed!
Long, warm and still fruity and woody but not drying at all - Great!
- 【First】: Reddish amber gestation Royal strawberry jam (+) Japanese pear sourness (++) An appreciation of reasonably warm apricot (+) Alcohol impression is firm The wood astringent impression is more like tea Impression of grape skins Dried fruits Smoked feeling is grainy burnt wheat 【Middle】: The body is wonderfully thick (+++) The body is viscous (not sticky) Baked wheat white peach (++) honey (++) ram raisin (+++) Fish smoked bonito bonito Orange cinnamon stick Licorice vanilla coating Alcohol feel firmly with time Milk chocolate (+) condensed milk (+) dried cereal and damp grain and baked cereal (very thick with mortar) Arthy 【Finish】: Nose dropout slightly Priority / Returning wonderful (++) Scorched wheat feeling (++) Wood (++) Chocolate with little sweetness Astringent dry matter type roasted coffee cherry seedless grape vine grapes Turtle, leather The sourness which the fish type dash moderately leaves in the mouth is still pear or the whisky turns white as time goes Beckow ame (+++) Competito (++) http://www.whiskylink.com/?p=4992
- See notes by WhiskyNotes.Be (score 92/100) wiht the following e-link :