- Whiskybase ID
- Single Malt
- Distillery Bottling
- Bottling serie
- Exceptional Collection
- Stated Age
- 05 years old
- Sherry Octave
- Number of bottles
- 55.6 % Vol.
- 700 ml
- Bottle code
- Bottled for
- Specially Selected For Die Whisky Elfen
- Added on
- 09 Jun 2020 9:35 pm by DerSchreckliche
4 × in wishlist
22 × member ratings
48 × in collection
Whisky Reviews for ElsBurn 2014
8 users have left a review for this whisky and scored it an average of 87.87 points
- After some time in the glass great. Nice px sweetness but also a lot of strength. But you don't have to dilute it anyway. The nose is also very harmonious for me
- Whipped up sherry without tasting a bit like whisky. Quite one-dimensional, but it doesn't taste bad either. It's just not whisky :)
- More PX than whisky. Very sweet, syropy. Not unpleasant but hardly any spirit character or any complexity. The nose is a bit bland. Tastewise it's okay and it does come down easily. I wonder how this would be without the insane influence octave. Did I mention it's sweet? It's very sweet.
- Glencairn glass, tried three times. If you get involved in unconventional drams, it's exciting and great.
Okay, there's a very, very powerful, exuberant sweetness every time. It's awesome, if you like something, a bit oppressive and also covering a lot, because syrupy sweetness is almost (!), But only almost, like liqueur without destroying the malt. Super round for five years, the alcohol is hardly noticeable, there is a lot of PX sherry, some oak, maple syrup and some malt.
Again super round, again the alcohol perfectly integrated, if a little more than the nose, again syrupy PX sweetness, which unfortunately covers a lot, but unfortunately (only) very tasty. But I like delicious whisky.
Rather only medium length and not as exciting as the nose
- Very cloudy but nice nose. Wonderful, intense sherry taste - reminds me strongly of the 10 year old Edradour / Signatory bottlings. Very easy to drink. Once again a great Glen Els / Elsburn.