- Single Malt
- Distillery Bottling
- Bottling serie
- Feis ìle 2020 Port & Wine Casks
- Bourbon Casks, Ruby Port & Red Wine Casks
- 52.0 % Vol.
- 700 ml
- Bottle code
- L0 135 SB1 2131
- Bottled for
- Friends of Laphroaig Exclusive
- Added on
- 07 Jun 2020 9:45 pm by Beowulf
28 × in wishlist
88 × member ratings
639 × in collection
Whisky Reviews for Laphroaig Cairdeas
21 users have left a review for this whisky and scored it an average of 88.08 points
- I would not have guessed port and red wine barrels blindly. Okay, it has a subliminal acidity, the malt is not bad either, but it is not particularly complex - a vatting made from 3 types of cask - after all. In the mouth it looks quite young and metallic. I would always prefer a 10CS.
- Added Laphroaig Shop link for the second time. And it dissapeared again: Price 92,90€ https://www.laphroaig.com/de/cairdeas-port-and-wine
- The better Ardbeg Blaaack ;-)
Fruity and sweet smoke.
Wood and wine.
The typical Laphroaig note of iodine.
With a few drops of water, the smell becomes softer and even sweeter.
Wine gums and red berries.
The taste becomes rougher with water
Salt stays on the tongue.
The wine note remains present.
Malty sweet, smoke, cheese, menthol, vanilla, caramel, fruit compote
Oily, earthy, plum wine, malt, dry, vanilla notes
Pleasantly mild, medium length
- Lots of Laphi, nice sweetness, positive that the wine and port do not stand out, but only bring in a slight fruitiness. In addition, the malt is very tasty. Fine.
- Okay Laphi, but don't blow your mind.
Young smoke but very subdued.
Salty, red fruits with acidity, with typical Laphi rough and unpolished
Not very spectacular, youth, wood