- Single Malt
- Distillery Bottling
- Bottling serie
- for Global Travel Retail
- 40.0 % Vol.
- 700 ml
- Added on
- 14 May 2010 10:10 pm
13 × in wishlist
85 × member ratings
360 × in collection
Whisky Reviews for Highland Park 1994
16 users have left a review for this whisky and scored it an average of 83.83 points
- Oldie, but goodie. Now it's empty.. Been my soft and mellow favorite for many, many years.
- A little disappointing HP which is not getting any better in the glass ... would not buy it for me ...
Light orange, cinnamon, then orange juice, pear, raspberries and pepper, later toffee and honey
Slightly peppery, oranges come after and cinnamon
Pepper, light minimal smoke, apple, medium length
The nose is sweet with notes of almonds, cherries, and vanilla. The taste is smooth, thick and smoky with cinnamon, honey, and dried orange peel. The finish is warm, woody, smoky, and long.
- Nose: Some vanilla and heather honey. Caramel and dark fruits (Cherries,Plums), but not very deep as expected. Medium to light sherry I’d say.
Palate: Wee oak, Citrus and again some dark fruit and wood spice.
Finish : Not one of the longest I’ve sensed in HPs. Nice, but not quite there.
All in all I must say i am not very impressed with this one, I had better HPs, and this duty free version with its 40% ABV is not much of a bargain.
- I liked it better from time to time, one should keep it in the mouth for a long time, maritime, salty, some smoke, light sherry, ripe papaya and passion fruit, walnut, clear Brennereicharakter, full, but not as dense as the 18s, sweet fruit, like Fruit juice, light vanilla, mineral, very pleasant and balanced, some creamy caramel, reminiscent of baked apple, almonds, malt beer, too bad it has only 40% vol, short finish, takes place essentially "forward".
- This is for me the example of a well balanced whisky. Hints of smoke, hints of sherry, smooth oily taste with some spice and salt. A medium long finish which gives back some freshness. I really like it. It´s my favorite drink on Friday night after a long working week - balancing out what´s have been unbalanced during the week....
- The palate and finish are as good as those of the
1998, but the nose of this one is in another league. This is really good stuff.
Between 50 and 60 EUR.
The nose is less sweet, yet more fruity. Orange
marmalade and mirabelles. Mint and honey, subdued peat and mineraly. Lemon grass. Hints of the sea, albeit in the background. Leather and
beeswax, albeit light. Nice nose! The longer you
leave it, the more citrus and peat it shows.
The attack is oily and fruity. Hints of orangettes and
quite some dried apricots. Honey. A little zesty and nicely spicy on pepper and
nutmeg. A bit salty, a bit smoky. Comes together nicely and is eminently
The finish is medium to long on lemon grass and