21 × in wishlist
111 × member ratings
287 × in collection
Whisky Reviews for Caol Ila 12-year-old BW
19 users have left a review for this whisky and scored it an average of 87.41 points
- Caol Ila that takes getting used to, a lot of smoke, heavy light sweetness, maybe not for everyone but some will celebrate it
Much sweetness with Caol Ila Rauch, campfire ash, combined with a spiciness and sharpness, hints of honey,
Typical cold Caol Ila smoke, cold campfire, ashy, getting stronger, sweetness follows the smoke and spreads. This is where the Marsala barrel makes itself felt. Heavy sweetness.
Gets slightly dry, slightly sticky
Medium-long smoky finish, sweetness only disappears slowly, slight bitterness
- No! It's not for me! A strange, far too sweet Caol Ila. Actually, Caol Ila is almost a guarantee of quality, why do you have to falsify the profile of this distillery?
Definitely a Caol Ila, but there is something that I can't really classify, must be the Marsala barrel. I don't like it at all, kind of disgustingly sweet and pungent, maybe like cheap pizza service Lambrusco. Everything well integrated and everything, but that's not for me.
Very sweet, moderately smoky. It's oily, salty too, but that's about it.
Langes Finish, salzig, rauchig, Vanilla.
- N: Sweet marzipan, almond, cane sugar and of course some smoke.
M: What an awesome dry sweetness (imagine heart eyes smiley here). There´s a hint of white pepper on my tongue, paired with a honey like texture. Very delicious but rather one dimensional
F: There´s a thick veil of deliciousnes that just enwraps my tongue. The juicy sweet aftertaste just stays and stays and stays. I like it!
- - a very special CAOL ILA
- urgently needs water
- completely different in taste than standard 12 y.
- also a clear difference to the Superior Dolce from ADoS,
- For an issue price of around € 80, it's okay, currently (2020-10) at € 120 / € 130 too expensive
red berries, currants, slightly sour, slightly unpleasant alcoholic touch,
oW: smoky, powerful start, very strong development, you can feel the high%, red berries, fruity, still quite hot,
mW: pleasant fruity tangy start, fresh, wine aroma, hardly any smoke aromas, goes in a sour fruity direction (currant),
medium-long, strong smoky-fruity finish; medium-long, slightly smoky aftertaste