- Whiskybase ID
- Single Malt
- Chapter 7 (Ch7)
- Bottling serie
- A Whisky Anthology - Monologue
- Stated Age
- 10 years old
- Bourbon Hogshead
- Number of bottles
- 51.0 % Vol.
- 700 ml
- Added on
- 09 May 2020 6:11 pm by chapter7whisky
2 × in wishlist
20 × member ratings
32 × in collection
Whisky Reviews for Ledaig 2009 Ch7
8 users have left a review for this whisky and scored it an average of 85.50 points
- It is okay. My review (https://keinehalbendrinks.de/2020/09/22/eine-beutel-voll-ledaig/ (german)) may sound worse than it actually is. You can drink it. Somewhere around the campfire after three beers, that's sure to be fun. Otherwise I don't need a second glass of it, tank you.
- prefer it to the 2011/2020 Ch7 Islay. Ledaig is king of peat again. 7/10
great maturity at 10. oysters, electronics, crackers, lemon sherbet, a bit of sweetness from the cask. noses slightly more like the old regime of ledaig, with a touch of farminess.
very lively, punchy, but reduced to a good strength: freshly squeezed lemons, smoked lemons and salt, bit of peanut brittle, developing a slight pithy bitterness. goes long with lots of lemon oil, and wee hints of seafood.
- On the nose I would have sworn Islay. On the palate I could have sworn a youngish Caol Ila, with the brine, campfire and olives profile. Ideal with Sushi.
Not sure what "Ideal Strength" actually means.
- A great, but less complex dram.
Peaty, but quite sweet and incredibly smooth.
Quite a punchy peat, light and rubbery mouthfeel.
Medium-long. A slightly medicinal taste, with some woody bitterness. It leaves your mouth with a fair amount of both rubbery taste and feel.