- Whiskybase ID
- Blended Malt
- Distillery Bottling
- Bottling serie
- The Art of Pure Malt
- Stated Age
- 15 years old
- 43.0 % Vol.
- 700 ml
- Bottle code
- Added on
- 06 May 2010 12:54 pm
8 × in wishlist
132 × member ratings
454 × in collection
Whisky Reviews for Johnnie Walker Green Label
17 users have left a review for this whisky and scored it an average of 83.04 points
- From the perspective of the PLV, this is a buy recommendation. Also, you lose the impression that it is just a blend. Peppery smoke reminiscent of Talisker. Just noticed :-)
Malty sweet, spicy and leathery with a pleasant smoke. Slight citrus note with light fruits. The vanilla comes through now. Pfeffrig before it starts. Class !
You could say full pipe of pepper and earthy leather. The smoke immediately combines the sweetness with orange peel and malt. Delicious ! This is a dangerously tasty blend with enough complexity for the price. Good choice. A masterpiece.
Medium to long and very balanced. Slightly bitter and peppery, it is on the palate. Afterwards very pleasantly chocolat sweet and with a small fruit plate he leaves the stage.
- soft and fruity, I have this bottle already from 2010 open today 2018 the last dram poured ... a pity actually quite a nice whiskey, I once started drinking whiskey by the Johnnie Walker Red.
soft with a spicy sharp edge, caramel candies warm brown sugar
sharp, volatile, spicy, burning coffee strongly in the throat
actually after 7 years to be open in the bottle, it is not too bad, still pretty strong still hangs good coffee light,? sweet. my points can be too long in the bottle of the whiskey?
- Totally ok blended malt, but there is a better single for the same money. 84 p
Scented, red fruit, apricot, floral, some smoke, fig
Sweet, Malt, Bitter Chocolate, Herbs, Salted, Oak, Light Smoke
Medium with herbs, peppermint, tannins, orange peel, smoke
- Nose: Sweet, lightly medicinal, wood, some vanilla. Overall a flowery whisky.
Taste: Sweet and sour. Oak and a touch of yeast. Hint of smoke, but very restrained. Nothing like some someheads nowadays. Creamy vanilla cake. Some fruitiness.
Body: Rounded medium body.
Finish: Medium- rather full of flavour. Sweet apricots, some candies and vanilla cream.
Price: Bought this one for 45,- euro in Albania. Which is far less than current prices. But still 45,- euro is a good price, wouldn't pay more though.
Presentation: Rather nice and informative.
- Nose: Some slight peat and smoke, citric, a bit flowery and hints of some solvent/rubber
Mouth: very soft, flowery, oily, pepper and honey
Finish: Oily, medium long, smoke, flowery, a bit tanins
Comments: Quite full flavor despite its 43% vol. and the Talisker comes trough quite noticeable imo. All in all a very well balanced and enjoyable whisky that is highly drinkable. I like it!
- Nose: some minerals, grass, slightly peated, lavender. After the second tasting I can`t smell much more at first, but when I added some water it opens up: mint, vanilla, some flowers, slichty smokey.
Palate: It lacks charachter, no punch what so ever, sweetish. Again some grass, flowes, slight trace of peat?? The second tasting: see nose.
Finish: short, too short. Even the second time everything fades quite quickly. Pitty.
Not my cup of tea. Not bad, but that`s about it. This would be a perfect whisky while playing cards.