- Whiskybase ID
- Single Malt
- Distillery Bottling
- Bottling serie
- Distillery Only - Online Edition
- Calculated age
- 03 years old
- ex EISBOCK Beer Cask, Brauerei FAUST
- 690 - 692
- Number of bottles
- 48.5 % Vol.
- 500 ml
- Bottle code
- Added on
- 08 May 2020 12:14 pm by Vassago Clynelish
2 × in wishlist
36 × member ratings
115 × in collection
Whisky Reviews for St. Kilian 2017
5 users have left a review for this whisky and scored it an average of 79.55 points
- Youtube Review: https://youtu.be/U-l-WfCBZgo
- Whisky matured in award-winning FAUST Eisbock barrels from Miltenberg am Main
This "Eisbock-Edition" is also something very special and new for St. Kilian. 100% untilled Pilsner malt was used for the production - an "unpeated" recipe. Nevertheless, this single malt has a light & pleasant smokiness. This was created during the switch from "peated season" to "unpeated season", giving the distillate its subtle smoky notes and making it a complex taste experience.
An absolute highlight of this whisky, however, are the 350 liter barrels made of French oak: before the Faust brewery filled them with their award-winning ice bucket, fine cognac from Remy Martin was stored in them. The barrel was initially cognac, then the award-winning Eisbock beer and then the New Make was allowed to spend more than 3 years in it until it matured.
-Single Malt Whisky Made in Germany
- Made from 100% pure Pilsner malt
- Handcrafted in original Scottish pot stills
-25.01.2017 distilled & bottled on April 27, 2020
-3 years matured in ex-Eisbock oak barrels, 350 liters
- Fine honey notes meet subtle smoke aromas and are rounded off by a delicate vanilla note
-natural color & not cool filtered
-filled in the 0.5L St. Kilian pot-still bottle with high-quality gift packaging
-Alcohol content 48.5% vol.
-Limited to 1,500 bottles of 46.90 euros each / 0.5L bottle
- the taste of the Eisbock beer comes through in a subtle aroma and taste. You can tell that he is young. If he was older then it would be a really great whisky.