- Whiskybase ID
- Single Malt
- Toorank B.V. Distilleries (Trnk)
- Bottling serie
- Calculated age
- 03 years old
- First Fill Polish Oak Barrels 225 L
- Number of bottles
- 46.5 % Vol.
- 700 ml
- Added on
- 02 May 2020 11:48 pm by Szakal77
one in wishlist
2 × member ratings
one in collection
Whisky Reviews for Wild Fields 2016
2 users have left a review for this whisky and scored it an average of 78.00 points
- This "whisky" in no way corresponds to a normal whisky.
- The first quality Polish single malt I've tasted. An interesting bottling from Toorank from the Jasienica distillery. This came out as a limited edition together with a malted wheat version in 2020. Overall a nice dram with much more complexity than one would have thought based on the very young age. It is clear that the spirit is of high quality and that the fresh oak barrels have worked well.
Young oak and a lot of green apples. A bit like calvados. Some honey and earthy notes as well.
The green apples hit you directly. There's a lot of young, a bit citrusy and spring-like oak. After a while comes butterscotch, cola and dark chocolate. Some toasted almond. There's just a small hint of burning oak.
Medium finish but it's quite pleasant. It starts with the spring oak, but the oak doesn't show any sign of bitterness. It ends with quite strong dark chocolate notes. Surprisingly tasty!