- Whiskybase ID
- Single Malt
- The Scotch Malt Whisky Society (SMWS)
- Bottling serie
- Chalk and ore
- Stated Age
- 07 years old
- First Fill Bourbon Barrel
- Number of bottles
- 62.2 % Vol.
- 700 ml
- Added on
- 02 May 2020 12:20 am by dramspotter
0 × in wishlist
31 × member ratings
39 × in collection
Whisky Reviews for Clynelish 2012 SMWS 26.140
6 users have left a review for this whisky and scored it an average of 86.07 points
- A lovely Clynelish - a typical example of this distillery, so much fruits from the 1st fill ex bourbon cask and the typical waxiness from this distillery is very present...
- really lovely Clynelish - does not need water but if you add water you have an incredible smooth and lovely clynelish with a lot of fruits.
- Notes von der SMWS Website: www.smws.com/chalk-and-ore
Ausgabepreis: 55,00 GBP
"We found this to be a pretty textbook example of this great make. Sheep wool at first nosing was joined by waxed canvas, herbal infusions, limestone, white pepper, starched linens, white flowers, gorse and baking parchment. A floral pirouette of elderflower and lovage kept things fresh. Reduction offered waxed lemons, dried tarragon, boiled lime sweets, rolling tobacco, Thai basil, anthracite embers and lemongrass. On the palate we noted an earthy clay vibe initially, then mentholic, drying and showing notes of sunflower oil, herbal teas, milk bottle sweets, miso broth and sandalwood. Water enhanced the sweetness and brought citrus jellies, juniper, cough sweets, hawthorn a chalky mouthfeel and a sense of stony minerality. Faultless and classical. "