64 × in wishlist
90 × member ratings
151 × in collection
Whisky Reviews for Secret Highland 1983 WD
16 users have left a review for this whisky and scored it an average of 90.79 points
- Directly compared to Highlander from Mancarella and Zanzibar in 1983. First of all. All three are very good! Even though it is often said that this is the same broth, the Highlander Whisky Doris has significantly more structure. A bit balanced and very complex. Great fresh notes. I would actually suspect a Cly here! The best of all 1983 Highlanders so far!
- On the Whisky Doris pricelist on the website, this malt is listed under "Clynelish". I suppose we can end all speculation here... :-)
- Strong, imposing old style whisky with a strong start. Very complex and multi-layered. Overall very balanced. Probably a Clyne .... at least you seem to be very sure about that. Definitely excellent!
- The nose prevents 1-2P more, because everything else is fantastic, the nose lags behind.
Marzipan cake, fresh coffee, almonds, nice typical, old bourbon cask, a tick of red apple glazed with honey, camphor, quite restrained overall but with notes, a little pear and toffee
Apple pie, whole picnic in the basket, fresh bread with plum spread, quince, forest honey, nice salt in between, cinnamon, nutmeg, toffee, lightly toasted malt, black pepper, ginger, pear, kiwi, nice seasoning
Very long finish, bread, gooseberry, green apple, camphor
- Delivered well in all 3 categories, the nose could have a little more pressure, tasty in the mouth, but remains relatively constant and predictable. I find the finish most interesting - nice fine bitterness that stays on the tongue forever.
Be careful with the water, it doesn't take much.
- An interesting, sweet, dense release.
Dust and pollen, cherries plucked together with leaves and branches, not yet washed, cherry jam and tincture from it, lollipop.
The taste is losing, too sweet without any extra tones. The varnish stood and appeared.
sweet tones of plum jam that stay with you for a long time
- 21 22 23 22 88
good, tasty, long aftertaste, but I lack something in it, the complexity and age-related layering probably ...
- Just a little bit too shy on the nose, else this could be even better.
- On the nose marzipan, honey, lemons, wax, butter and almonds. On the palate there’s sweet cough syrup with more citrus and eucalyptus, moving into a salt and pepper caramel finish.