- Single Malt
- Distillery Bottling
- Bottling serie
- Limited Release - Batch No. 02
- Stated Age
- 18 years old
- Spanish Sherry Wood Finish
- 46.3 % Vol.
- 700 ml
- Bottle code
- P037166 L5
- Added on
- 17 Apr 2020 3:06 pm
25 × in wishlist
267 × member ratings
721 × in collection
Whisky Reviews for Ledaig 18-year-old
45 users have left a review for this whisky and scored it an average of 86.78 points
- Very complex nose, but with the typical Kuhstallgeruch of Ledaig, through which one must first fight through.
On the palate, I find almost everything again, which I've already imagined smelling.
The finish is a bit too short, but quite pleasant.
Behind the smoke comes the cowshed, but also dark fruits, tobacco, leather, sherry, dark chocolate, malt, maggi, maple syrup, pepper, smoked ham
sweet, dried fruits, smoke, honey, ham, tobacco, pepper, malt, tannins
medium long, smoky and spicy
- Very exciting and complex bottling. Highly recommended if you can cope with the not exactly elegant, slightly acrid smoke of single. But it is also very worthwhile to smell until the nose fades out the smoke and then to explore the aromas behind the smoke. For me this malt is a nice addition to the Islay malts.
I also very much welcome the decision of the distillery to do without the (admittedly) very chic wooden box from batch 4 and to offer the malt at a significantly lower price.
Strong, freshly rising and somewhat acrid smoke with a ham-like aroma (smokehouse). At the same time, the sherry barrels are immediately noticeable, which nicely round off the smell experience. In addition, there are spicy oak notes. Vanilla and fresh cherries, a salty sea breeze, even some mango and fresh garden herbs hide behind the smoke.
Powerful kick with a full and oily body. The alcohol is very well integrated. Pleasant smoke with vanilla, sweet cream, oak spice and beautiful fruit notes such as cherry, plum and pear.
Long and comfortable. Cherry and tangerine cream cake with smoke.
- Very intense, but perfectly balanced between peat and sweetness, non-aggressive. Perfect for fans of light peat, delicately broken with fruit.
Peat and medicine, yet fresh. Citrus peel - lemon, along with pits, bitter fruit. In the background, fresh cherry, some sweets, and cane sugar.
Well balanced. Peat intense, but not aggressive, little medicine, less than the smell. More sweets, light fruits, cherries, apples, sugar.
Medium long, well-balanced. Delicate peat and sweetness, apple compote, wood, walnut.
- Quite special and a bit complex. But don't knock you over either. Certainly a good buy for less than 100 €.
He doesn't need water.
I don't have the often described cowshed smell now.
Instead, salt, ham, wood, almost phenolic impressions, some fruit that looks like cider.
The impression gained from the nose continues.
In addition, some sweetness, leather, minimal notes of dark chocolate, some lemon.
A bit spicy at first, but then it becomes milder
Somewhat strange finish. Short to medium length. Smoke, grain, some raisins.
But after a few minutes there are nice coffee and roasted notes.
- Direct comparison with Batch 03. The differences are not great, but there are many repetitions in terms of the aromas. They're both dirty. The 2015 is less cute, heavier and rougher. You just have to get along with the typical Ledaig profile.
thick smoke and aromatic ash, incorporated sweet and fruity elements and soft caramel, raisins and plum jam, nougat with blueberries and some red currants, then a few slices of black smoked ham, soot and leather, brown rock candy is mixed with thick, boiled cherries and a little menthol, heavy balsamic vinegar, orange and melon slices, in the distance ricola and foccacia, in the back chocolate, cloves and pepper, round and thick
sweet and slightly malty, only slightly and softly smoky, again with a lot of ash, blossom honey, bitter oak, again black smoked and soot, pepper, prunes, Ricola, tobacco notes, earthy
long with warm ashes, initially sulfuric notes and then burned matches, some blossom honey, raisins, a lot of ham with a lot of salt, a few oak boards, sherry
- Real Ledaig. Nice in balance. Peat flavor with nice soft aftertaste
Vanilla, turf sherry vanilla.
Nice round finish.