- Whiskybase ID
- Single Malt
- Elixir Distillers (ElD)
- Bottling serie
- The Single Malts of Scotland - Reserve Casks
- Stated Age
- 08 years old
- 48.0 % Vol.
- 700 ml
- Parcel No.2
- Bottle code
- Added on
- 07 Apr 2020 12:53 pm by Ras Mazunga
24 × in wishlist
139 × member ratings
213 × in collection
Whisky Reviews for Clynelish 2010 ElD
33 users have left a review for this whisky and scored it an average of 86.11 points
- I bought a case of this one. It's my daily drinker these days. It's not complex but I just really like it for some reason. I've also got an old Brora open. I would take this one over the Brora any time. It's just nicer, although when a Brora is good then its REALLY good. Not so with the bottle I have open right now. Sometimes the eager serf is better to hang out with than the unhappily landed gentry.
Oh this is lovely. Peaches, tinned apricots and oranges. Some vanilla. A hint of carbon. Green bananas. Icing sugar combined with lemon juice. Limestone. Unripe pears too.
It’s less sweet than the nose suggests. A nice thick mouthfeel. Peaches again at first, which is followed by a waxy note. Minerals. Vanilla. A hint of cookie dough and caramel. Later also grapefruit and a hint of oranges.
a long finish with mostly minerals and grapefruit. White pepper.
- have to agree with the reviews so far. for me this is pretty much perfect juice as an "everyday" but also as a treat. As much as I like playing with water, I do like the 48% ABV presentation, perfect strength to sip without a second thought.
I'll keep buying these 2010 ElD stocks for the forseeable future.
light fresh fruit salad, salted wax, lime (fruit and stone), ozone
great mouthfeel and mineral structure, lime/stone, suggestions of fuzzy peach and pear, salted grapefruit and a little wax.
- Balance (22)
Wonderful molt (88)
Sweet, fruit dessert with cream, oatmeal cookies and excess vanilla (22)
The taste is surprisingly mature, dessert (22)
Finish chocolate, banana cream, pastries ... last wave a little wax with salt, lemon zest with chocolate (22)
- For the price it has, it really stands straight and reflects the profile of the distillery. A young son of Androcchia. Greetings to all.
Sweet pears, apples, apricots, orange zest, light vanilla, mineral in the distance
Pear jam, vanilla, beeswax, syrupy,
Sweet, hot from ginger, then black pepper
- This is very well made and as I experienced with many whiskies, it needs some time to breath.
It's got this fantastic mineral quality, for which I imagen a crystal clear stream pouring over some cobble stones but then with an oily quality.. Well, u know what I mean, or u don't.
I can find some unripe banana in there (well Serge did, and I now find it to :)) some austere chalkiness.
The most elemental part for me of this dram, the smooth (yes yes) experience which makes it a nice daily drinker as you can pour it down with out giving it much thought. It supports your evening while you enjoy the company of others (or the TV for that matter). There's nothing really standing out in this dram and still, you will gulp down the bottom so u can fill your glass once more, not willing to go to sleep yet..
- Very interesting clynelish. Young but tasty and recognizable profile. I wonder why they got it out of the barrel at that age? Feels like it should have gotten better over time. Balance 22. Total 87-88. Very worthy at this age!
At first, a little spiritually. Over time, the alcohol goes away. Bourbon barrel aroma (possibly refillable). Malt's youth is clearly not sticking out, but you can't call it age either. Ripe pear (duchess), fresh, slightly sour. Not bad. 21.5-22
The palate is denser than aromatherapy, but it is oily. Herbaceous, with a bit of sweetness, recognizable for the clynelish profile. Tight, but drinkable. Interesting. 22
The aftertaste is long enough. Mint, dry hay, white and green peppers, some wormwood at the end. Okay. 21.5
- Full of fresh and ripe fruit, as well as berry pie.
Berries, red, dark, yellow cherries. Berry pie. It seems that the association with the pie is connected with the presence of some kind of buttercream and a rich sweet cake.
The taste is sweet, quite light, rounded, soft, and dessert-like.
soft, sweet, full of berries.