87.05/100
Label
Parcel No.2
07 Apr 2020 12:53 pm by Ras Mazunga

Whisky Reviews for Clynelish 2010 ElD

8 users have left a review for this whisky and scored it an average of 87.05 points

1. Palindrome scored this whisky 88 points Expert Senior

I bought a case of this one. It's my daily drinker these days. It's not complex but I just really like it for some reason. Tasting notes to follow. I've also got the Single Cask Nation Clynelish 9 open. These two bottles are nice. I'm alternating, although I may have to stop because I only have one bottle of the SCN. I'm on a Clynelish kick right now. I've also got an old Brora open. I would take these two over the Brora any time. They're just better, although when a Brora is good then its REALLY good. Not so with the bottle I have open right now.

2. Demasy scored this whisky 88 points Member Senior

This is very well made and as I experienced with many whiskies, it needs some time to breath.
    It's got this fantastic mineral quality, for which I imagen a crystal clear stream pouring over some cobble stones but then with an oily quality.. Well, u know what I mean, or u don't.
    I can find some unripe banana in there (well Serge did, and I now find it to :)) some austere chalkiness.
    The most elemental part for me of this dram, the smooth (yes yes) experience which makes it a nice daily drinker as you can pour it down with out giving it much thought. It supports your evening while you enjoy the company of others (or the TV for that matter). There's nothing really standing out in this dram and still, you will gulp down the bottom so u can fill your glass once more, not willing to go to sleep yet..

3. Willum scored this whisky 86 points Expert Senior

4. Whiskylifestyle scored this whisky 88 points Expert Senior

Oh this is lovely. Peaches, tinned apricots and oranges. Some vanilla. A hint of carbon. Green bananas. Icing sugar combined with lemon juice. Limestone. Unripe pears too.
    • Taste
      It’s less sweet than the nose suggests. A nice thick mouthfeel. Peaches again at first, which is followed by a waxy note. Minerals. Vanilla. A hint of cookie dough and caramel. Later also grapefruit and a hint of oranges.
      a long finish with mostly minerals and grapefruit. White pepper.

5. bartekfm scored this whisky 87 points Expert Senior

The only thing it lacks is intensivity. Would rock at cask strength. Nonetheless, perfectly tasty and elegant whisky.

6. Banzai scored this whisky 88 points Expert Senior