- Whiskybase ID
- Single Malt
- van Wees (vW)
- Bottling serie
- The Ultimate - Rare Reserve
- Stated Age
- 14 years old
- Burgundy Hogshead
- Number of bottles
- 58.2 % Vol.
- 700 ml
- 1001st - Specially Bottled for the Home of The Ultimate
- Added on
- 01 Apr 2020 11:13 am by Ralf
23 × in wishlist
35 × member ratings
114 × in collection
Whisky Reviews for Ballechin 2005 vW
8 users have left a review for this whisky and scored it an average of 88.34 points
- The value of this bottle is dated on an auction side, you pay a little bit € 195
- Nice rich and powerful dram, balanced, and a nice combination of smoke and fruitiness.
Fruity, red fruits and sweet smoke, pretty strong alcohol. Some prunes, strawberry, and something vegetal.
Pretty strong, intense. Sweet smoke, prunes, chocolate now, and some honey. Rich.
Still pretty strong, sweet smoke, red fruits, some strawberry. Honey again. Some cigar tobacco, long finish.
- I would have guessed this was some Longrow red, the finish is rather springbankian. Thanks to ST for the sample, good stuff but I don't agree with the 90+ scores, it is more mid 80s for me, or 6-7/10
water needed. stewed red fruit, a bit creamy, sichuan pepper, coal smoke, umami stir fry cabbage with soy sauce and five spice. remains a little nippy, but caramel joins with further reduction.
big punch of flavour - nice hit of mixed berry jam, fruity chillis, slight fruit pith, slight sulphur. finish is the best part, goes on long with some nice hazelnuts and coal smoke.