- Whiskybase ID
- Single Malt
- Distillery Bottling
- Bottling serie
- Speyside Single Malt Scotch Whisky
- Stated Age
- 12 years old
- 40.0 % Vol.
- 700 ml
- Bottle code
- Added on
- 28 Mar 2020 10:53 pm by Likudi
one in wishlist
13 × member ratings
44 × in collection
Whisky Reviews for Cragganmore 12-year-old
5 users have left a review for this whisky and scored it an average of 79.90 points
- [November, 2021] I had a dram during a FoSM club tasting and took no detailed notes because I found it not worthwhile to do so. This is sub-average modern stuff with fine heather-honey flavours (a Cragganmore trademark) in an otherwise unimpressive profile and (almost) non-existent mouthfeel and finish. Another one for the spittoon...
- This Whisky is very watery and has not really a finish. Nearly all taste disappears in your mouth after less than a minute. It smells very fruity and promising but the taste as such is not half that good and intense.
Fresh grain, with floral and herbaceous notes.
Light vanilla with citrus-fruity tones, medium-weight body and fine wood notes
Medium length with spicy and fine vanilla notes
- The Cragganmore looks generally a bit flat and watery with a light body. I remembered it much better in the 1990s, and it was one of my favorite whiskys at the time. The quality seems to have decreased significantly (16.9.2010)
light, delicately malty, delicately flowery, not very distinctive
delicate malty, delicate hay, sweet like dried fig, cane sugar, honey with notes of heather, everlasting flowers, slightly woody
rather short and flat with aromas of straw, furry at the end