- Distillery Bottling
- Bottling serie
- Straight Bourbon
- 45.0 % Vol.
- 700 ml
- Added on
- 10 Apr 2010 3:57 pm
14 × in wishlist
93 × member ratings
240 × in collection
Whisky Reviews for Buffalo Trace Kentucky
17 users have left a review for this whisky and scored it an average of 81.08 points
- Quite a virgin oak nose, that I found appealing.
- A delicious bourbon. Buffalo Trace Bourbon is spicy and sweet in the nose and also caramel, creamy toffee, cinnamon, rum and corn flakes open up. On the tongue a lot of brown sugar, toffee, apple, oak and cream. This changes into espresso, chocolate raisin.
Typical bourbon notes, sweet wood, pickled fruits.
Also in the taste the oak barrel, soaked in this fruit juice.
Not bad, if you like bourbon.
- For it's price, this is probably one of the best bargains out there, and a fantastic Bourbon.
- A bourbon quickly sickening, lack of balance. Too woody, too sweet, too floral ... they are actually small "too", but they are "too" of "too much" ... See what I mean? Ahem ...
- Some very interesting flavours, but lacks roundness and length.
Rich, rummy. Figs, almond, aniseed.
Smooth, creamy. Faintly smoky and tobacco-like.
Surprisingly restrained. Pruney.