- Single Malt
- Distillery Bottling
- Bottling serie
- Irish Single Malt Whiskey
- 40.0 % Vol.
- 50 ml 750 ml
- Added on
- 10 Apr 2010 1:08 am
0 × in wishlist
32 × member ratings
27 × in collection
Whisky Reviews for Knappogue Castle 1992
11 users have left a review for this whisky and scored it an average of 82.53 points
- Pretty enjoyable, a lot of fruit, pretty much nose and body for its lower Abv, although the body is weaker than the nose does promiss.
Very fruity, citrus, apples, now specifically lemon, floral as well. Also a little spicy, cinnamon and pepper.
Soft and smooth, a very little pepper, fruity, citrus, orange, vanilla. A little thin mouthfeel.
Now some more pepper, still fruity, citrus, orange, some honey sweetness. Middle long.
- A light and amazingly fresh malt. Not profound but beautiful. Something for friends of light, untapped and less fruity drops.
Very nice, subtle floral nose. Serve with fresh lemon a bit of apple. In the background a little caramel and vanilla.
First, a light and clear start. Then herbal notes (herbs, grass) and hints of ginger before the taste goes into spicy oak. Finally, a little vanilla.
Short to medium length finish. Herbs and oak.
- Knappogue Castle 92 -00 Because Ireland plays football so well ... Nose is amazing fresh and flowery and really nice .. The usual very beautiful vanilla note is perfectly integrated in the mouth continues .. Very creamy with citrus aromas Like beautiful delicious cookies with vanilla extract in dough ... So the 84 points I can not understand on the base ...
Great blend. Everything beautifully integrated :) Creamy in the mouth ... Great thing. That's fun. Very delicious.
- a very pleasant, clean and refreshing summer dram 83/84
I tried it along with the 1994 version
the wet streets after a warm rain in summer, wet cereals, lemon, light flowers, some dill, just a little oak - light, very fresh and clean
same as in the nose with the wood spices growing bigger - plus cream, even pure butter
rather short to medium length
- This tasted better to me than the 1993er. Last time, I even had glue that nicely changed into oak.