Kilkerran Heavily Peated

UncoloredNon-chillfilteredCask Strength

USD$ 94.99

one in wishlist

Whisky Reviews for Kilkerran Heavily Peated

1 users have left a review for this whisky and scored it an average of 87.33 points

1. Palindrome scored this whisky 88 points Expert Senior

Love this one. The peat and smoke are dialed in perfectly. It's got a mezcal type thing going on in a good way. Some vanilla bean, marshmallow, almonds, espreso on nose. A tiny reminder of that old Longrow 10 2007 57% that had a slight tangerine thing happening although I found that the bottling varied with some not having it at all (which was odd but charming because variability is a good thing to me). Mouth: gets into mouth tissues a bit, but not badly, evokes salivation. then comes the espresso like on the nose but mixed well with the peat that seems a bit more smoky than in many Longrows, like wood smoke. almost a bit like the Lag CS 2017 that I love. Then comes something that seems like wood tanins but it can't be at this age. What could cause that note? Wow, interesting. chewy. . There's this note that is so weird you're not going to believe me. I used to own a pet iguana. The smell of his belly when it was clean after I held him in my hands, the smell he left. It's in here and it's not bad. It's kind of like pan fried rattle snake like I used to taste in the Longrow CV. Of course, I never cooked my pet iguana. he lived a long life for a small lizard. he was a small one. anyway, there's also a fiddle head fern top note, greenish, uncooked before frying in a pan. Along with underripe orchard fruits, and a jolly rancher green apple note. man that takes me back to my days as a boy. yes, a hard candy thing and then a toffee thing. The two interlace like dna and do that double helix dance on the tongue before sliding off the side edges of the tastebuds (not front or back). Trippingly off the tongue, here we go, cellar doors closing . .. now! The finish is surprisingly long for such a young delightfully roguish bastard. Love it. I'm in. Time to snag another bottle before they go bye bye forever (aside from auctions to drain the wallet, no thanks). I'm not a big fan of young whiskies normally, even the peated varieties, except for Octomores, the PC's (although I didn't much like below PC6) and a few other rare exceptions. This is one such exception to my "under age" rule. I feel like a peatophile. Wow, did I just make a Dr. Bill style joke? Funny how one's humor can be in bad taste about a terrific tasting whisky and still be mildly amusing. Ha, oh well. Maybe I should book venues on a worldwide lecture circuit and wear a candy cane striped button down shirt.