- Whiskybase ID
- Single Malt
- Distillery Bottling
- Apple Brandy Wood Finish
- Number of bottles
- 47.0 % Vol.
- 700 ml
- Bottled for
- 100th Anniversary of the Wedding of Masataka to Rita
- Added on
- 18 Mar 2020 8:38 am by maltaholic
38 × in wishlist
78 × member ratings
260 × in collection
Whisky Reviews for Yoichi Apple Brandy Wood Finish
12 users have left a review for this whisky and scored it an average of 88.92 points
- Fantastic whisky, Fruit, Deep and complex
- One of best Whisky I ever drink. Fruity, rich, little smoky with long finish. Very harmonious and balanced. By right the best japanese of 2021.
- 6700 bottles limited edition
Best Japanese book Jim Muray 2021 ????
- Japanese whisky of the year, by Jim murray 2021. Time for buy????
- (TASTED BLIND)
NOSE: Tobacco, whole black cardamom, leather, fresh fruit, (90p).
TASTE: The arrival is smoky with lots of tobacco and whole black cardamom. Dry fruitiness, but then a rush of sweetness on the mid palate, then liqorice and fennel, then back to start. Very nice complexity. (90-91p).
FINISH: Mild (89p).
OVERALL: Lovely complexity. Total score 90 (91) points.
- The nose is the same as the normal Yoichi Single Malt NAS, no difference.
In terms of taste, however, it is much more present, simply more intense. It doesn't taste like apple, rather with a noticeable trail of smoke.
Don't know why it's rated so highly.
I can still understand 88 points, but anything over 90 is laughable ...