- Single Malt
- Distillery Bottling
- Bottling serie
- Moscatel Wood Finish
- Stated Age
- 11 years old
- American Oak Barrels / Moscatel Wood Finish
- 48.0 % Vol.
- 700 ml
- Added on
- 17 Mar 2020 6:06 pm by Tauti
26 × in wishlist
78 × member ratings
169 × in collection
Whisky Reviews for Glenallachie 11-year-old
20 users have left a review for this whisky and scored it an average of 86.03 points
- This is like tropical juice on steroids! I really like how the moscatel finish added a huge fruity (peach, apricot and pineapple) layer that just keeps on going. Not overly complex but very very tasty. Not too sweet, some spices, very fruity, solid GlenAllachie.
Some nectarine, tinned pineapple and coconut water with a whiff of honey, but also sweet pastries and warming spices. Just a whisper of grapefruit.
Barely noticeable on the nose, the grapefruit shines on the palate. There's lemon zest, honey and an assortment of spices as well.
Soft spices and bright fruits with a touch of brown sugar.
- Very great smell, the grapes are totally traceable in the nose, and definitely elegant.
- This 11y old Glenallachie is part of a late Saturday afternoon tasting (with myself) with some various Glenllachie expressions.
This is for sure not the best. Whisky and wine finishes; to me often a hit or a miss. This is the letter. Sweet Moscatel flavors in combination with spicy flavors. The nose is ok, but the taste is simply not my thing.
But their are some more interesting Glenallachie drams in the lineup. Next, I would say.
- Super tasty, I am a glen allachie fan and lover of sweet whiskys .. this one will stay
Peach, cinnamon, honey, mocha, sweet, little coffee, pineapple
Honey, orange, peach, cinnamon, mocha, vanilla
Vanilla, spicy (wss by 48% abv) later again the flavors of sweet tropical fruit