- Whiskybase ID
- Single Malt
- Distillery Bottling
- 40.0 % Vol.
- 700 ml
- Added on
- 06 Apr 2010 6:53 pm
0 × in wishlist
64 × member ratings
139 × in collection
Whisky Reviews for Armorik Whisky Breton
12 users have left a review for this whisky and scored it an average of 73.90 points
Honey, baked apples, wood
Caramel, oranges, chocolate, oily
Medium long, spicy
- A whisky too young I think, but the potential is there.
Nice but fairly monolithic nose: a kind of fruit and solvent mixture, a bit like children's banana toothpaste. This betrays probably the young age of this whisky.
The palate is a little beading and mostly on cereals. Maybe a hint of honey and vanilla.
Final quite short and dry.
- Gives an immature impression
Nose of new make with apples and lemon, grapefruit and oranges
Alcohol comes through despite it´s low ABV, Honey and vanilla, Peppery spices
Medium long in the same notes as the taste
- Perfectly drinkable stuff
Fresh paint, bananas, oatcakes, dusty vanilla, cereals
Cardboardy, then juicy with a late fruit sweet hit. Slightly watery.
Short and spicy with a corn note. Mouth watering.
- Malt simple, but not devoid of interest, it is sweet and spicy, with a side "alcohol" in the end of the mouth. A curiosity to discover.
- nice but not a wannahave for me
- There are big similarities with this whisky and those being produced at
nearby Glann ar Mor. The dominant flavors are soft and sweet, and
there`s a distinctly soft and feminine side to this single malt, which
skips across the palate. There are floral and green fruit notes here,
traces of oak, barley, and sweet spice, all very ordered. Not
complicated maybe, but very well made indeed.