19 × in wishlist
29 × member ratings
122 × in collection
Whisky Reviews for Peat's Beast Batch Strength FF
11 users have left a review for this whisky and scored it an average of 86.56 points
- Shopkeeper called out this one is an Edradour
- The name is program. PX and Rauch, full on the twelve. Despite the low price, no annoying or too young notes. You can do that if you don't mind the considerable amount of sherry with which the whisky was mixed here. ;)
Sweet smoked bacon, smoke, some red fruits
Smoke, sweetness. Tobacco, strong start. The 54% are noticeable
Sweetness, smoke not as strong as in the nose and mouth
Oof Madone! If you don't like PX matured whisky, stay the hell away from this. Otherwise you're in for a treat. An intense, concentrated sweetness (jammy fruits, raisins) yet it's the balsamic vinegar note that stands out. The smoke is subtle by comparison. There's a hint of barbecued meat, seared bacon and some vanilla custard.
There's chocolate, bonfire smoke, peat, leather and an assortment of spices. Yet this is where it falls apart a bit. Not to say the nose is highly integrated, but this certainly isn't. It's like a mixture of PX and peated single malt and the two don't play well.
Pretty dry and somewhat ashy. Long.
Sherry, smoke, liquorice, wood and coffee, dark grapes and a hint of clove, musty-sweet and noticeably alcoholic.
Lots of sherry and damp cellar wood, not too much smoke, but sweet, dark, heavy and fruity. Has a lot of bums!
Relatively long, woody, rather dry, tobacco, leather, ash.
Now not mega complex, but quite tasty (if you like the above). You can drink it straight, but it is quite tight. Really good for the price. Tastes better than it is. Nice part!
- It's a nice dram. You get PX with smoke as advertised but also in this order. This is the first time that the barrel swallows the smoke. But delicious.
- young but good.
Definitely a ballechin
- Very Peated whisky but with the sweetness of the Pedro Ximenes.... It's a monster and will stay like it I hope !
- Great smoke and sherry dram with incredibly good PLV and brilliant color!
Sweet campfire smoke, BBQ, milk chocolate, relatively dark and intense red fruits, nice fruity sweetness, the alcohol shows presence at the beginning, removed grape-nut chocolate
Campfire, slightly maritime, great red fruits, pleasant sweetness, spicy oak influence, subtle dark chocolate
Sparkling, slightly warming, nice, pleasant smoke, red fruits, minimally woody, getting drier over time
- Smoke, fruitiness and sweetness harmonize wonderfully with the feeding strength. The PX sherry influence is clearly noticeable. Water is not needed for this malt! Super PLV and a clear buy recommendation! My previous surprise in 2020.