23 × in wishlist
98 × member ratings
255 × in collection
Whisky Reviews for Ledaig 10-year-old
23 users have left a review for this whisky and scored it an average of 84.08 points
- 21-21-21.5-21.5 take and drink until it's hot
- With this delicious and inexpensive substance - taking into account the PLV - I actually get 89 points and thus an absolute buy recommendation. I'll buy this bottle again! It exactly matches my taste profile.
Tasted at the same time with an Ardbeg 10.
The Ledaig is fruity and fresh. The main notes for me are a lightly sugared grapefruit and a smoked and scorched lemon. Behind it are sweet green grapes. The earthy smoke is very reminiscent of a farm (cowshed). It is not as smoky and spicy as an Ardbeg 10, but it has a great fruit sweetness that our Ardbeg cannot deliver. In the finish, the Ledaig is not as persistent as the Ardbeg, but rather short. In the finish you get a very delicate wood impression over a slight bitterness.
- One of the best regulars in terms of price / quality ratio. At the same time, it is a rare case when a new release goes better than an old one. 21/22/22/21
- Unexpectedly soft, light in aroma. Very good base ten. 100% bar option.
Industrially fruit mix, soft (even tender) peat, rye bread, varnish, citrus, hint of fuel oil, apricot jam, chestnuts, shortbread cookies, raw vegetables (only from the cellar), a note of sauerkraut, sweet ash, vanilla and toffees, raisins, smoke.
Smoky, fruity, with meat, milk toffee.
Smoky, ashy, fruity, long, crunchy, citrus peel (orange and lemon), milk toffee.
- The colour of this 10 has changed from straw yellow colour in 2017 to sun-lounged orange in 2021.
Similarly, the new Tobermory entry level 12 (changed from the old 10) is similarly afflicted.
It is a shame that Tobermory management has seen this as a necessary move to get enough mainstream attention perhaps.
Still, a solid core entry level whisky
Smoky gummy bears, liquorice, peach rings, slightly sour, sweet, a little dirty, vanilla, round, bread-like
intense malty smoke, orange
rather not that long, but pleasant
- Huiuiui is the spicy one!
Stings in the nose, peat smoke, malty
very hot, pepper, slightly earthy, smoke