- Whiskybase ID
- Single Malt
- Distillery Bottling
- Stated Age
- 10 years old
- 40% Sherry & 60% Bourbon Casks
- 46.0 % Vol.
- 700 ml
- Bottle code
- Added on
- 12 Mar 2020 11:52 am by Ras Mazunga
15 × in wishlist
78 × member ratings
173 × in collection
Whisky Reviews for Springbank 10-year-old
20 users have left a review for this whisky and scored it an average of 86.42 points
- Youtube Blind Tasting Review: https://youtu.be/PZ6fiTELmS4
- Great entry level Campbeltown whisky. Strong mode and very viscous mouth feel. Mountains of flavor with a long lingering and interesting finish.
Sweet Orange citrus, salted caramel, phenolic, rich bourbon vanilla, vegetable note (grilled courgette), waxy dried fruit, hint of spice
Sweet, orange, vanilla, very dense and viscous, spicy
Warm, spicy nutmeg, cinnamon, savory vegetable note.
- Note: newly opened bottle, first pour
Feeling: nice Springbank! Haven’t drunk many of their bottlings yet (and when I did, I didn’t enjoy it that much, maybe it was just not my day for it).. Today I do enjoy it, love the combination of fruitiness, peat and salt.
Sour fruit, hint of peat, leather, unripe fruit, salty notes
fresh grain, toffee, the fruit becomes sweeter, notes of apricots and citrus fruit, hint of salt, vanilla, slightly peated
medium length, dry and sweet, fruity
Very mineral peat. Candied vegetals. Greenhouse. Diana's candy.
Candied vegetas, with aromatic peat. Dry citrus.
Dry citrus and dry peat