- Single Malt
- CS James & Sons Ltd (CSJS)
- Bottling serie
- Islay Single Malt Scotch Whisky
- Bourbon Casks
- 40.0 % Vol.
- 700 ml
- Added on
- 04 Apr 2010 7:44 pm
3 × in wishlist
64 × member ratings
162 × in collection
Whisky Reviews for Islay Storm NAS CSJS
18 users have left a review for this whisky and scored it an average of 79.55 points
- Despite the 40%, NAS and blend, it's all a pleasant trying.
Sweet peat, smoke, oak, citruses and salted minerals.
Oily citruses, ash, smoke and oak. Forest fruits.
Medium length, spicy, peaty.
- Very interesting painting with great PLV.
Peat, vanilla with light citrus notes.
Sweetness, vanilla, light smoke, pepper, later salty with seaweed. Very interesting mixture.
Light sweetness, some pepper, later salty notes, dry with a powerful, long-lasting finish.
- Cheap as it is I’d avoid this one. It was very young, but not very tasty, there were a lot of the bad notes one finds on a young unrefined Islay malt with none of the nice parts.
Reviewed in my blog:
Young sweet peat. Socks. Medicinal peat. Cough syrup. Wet wood. Iodine. Salt.
Ash. Very ashy. Sour porridge. Bitter citrus. Bitter wood.
Medium. Ash. Porridge. Woodspice . Light Vanilla.
- I'm missing depth, there's little behind the smoke.
A lot of smoke, peat and wood. A little bitter sweet fruit.
Again a lot of smoke and wood. The bittermess is gone, a little sweet fruit remains.
Very short finish. A soft peat remains on the tongue.