- Whiskybase ID
- Single Malt
- Distillery Bottling
- Bourbon / Sherry Casks
- 54.2 % Vol.
- 700 ml
- New Label
- Bottle code
- Added on
- 01 Mar 2020 8:47 pm by Maltpuschel
12 × in wishlist
62 × member ratings
200 × in collection
Whisky Reviews for Ardbeg Uigeadail
11 users have left a review for this whisky and scored it an average of 87.17 points
- What a letdown. Thebatches I tried year after year got worse and worse. This years I find barely drinkable
Smoky, peaty with a hint of bacon
damp freshly cut grass, ash, followed by dry hay and peat. A slight hint of plum at the back
- A superficial replica of what Uigeadail used to be. Strangely sweet, as if finished.
A fishy, yeasty smoke. BBQ and burned seashells, and some juniper. Water doesn't change it much.
Lots of sweet sherry, then the usual peat and seaside tastes of Ardbeg, but the distillate feels simple and young, and the sherry feels like a separate layer masking things. Sharp, simple, and compared to what Uigeadail ought to be, bad.
Fleeting. Leaves an odd taste of juniper or eucalyptus.
- Peat + Sherry. awesome combination.
- A bottle for the steady bar, which means that this is one of the few bottles that will be bought after it has been emptied.
- Uigeadail = (Ardbeg TEN)^2 + sherry
sweet smoke, classic Ardbeg sweetness, hints of sherry, dried plum, dried fruits, vanilla, maritime, mineral, deep and complex
sweet, leather, peat, campfire smoke, pepper and salt, iodine, oils, strong, ashes and tar, corn, dried fruits, ginger, oak, licorice, maritime, very smooth, intense, excellent balance
peat, seaweed, BBQ, smooth, long and pleasant, well balanced, tar, oak, smoked meat, dry, hints of fruits, a lot of smoke in the end