- Single Malt
- Distillery Bottling
- 43.0 % Vol.
- 100 ml 700 ml
- Bottle code
- Approved: 11.03.02
- Added on
- 25 Mar 2010 1:12 pm
5 × in wishlist
22 × member ratings
97 × in collection
Whisky Reviews for Glenrothes 1987
7 users have left a review for this whisky and scored it an average of 84.55 points
- Jim Murray Whisky Bibel 3rd/4th/5th Edition
The Glenrothes 1987 bott05, db (83) n20 t21 f21 b21. Enticing marmalade on toast, but never quite hits the heights expected. 43%
- Got a sample, 100ml of this one
- What I like about this is the citrus and spicy notes that come over on
the palate. The flavor on the finish is nice as well, lots of vanilla
and some cinnamon. It is refreshing and well balanced throughout the
dram, just remarkable and continues to get better through to the end.
- A 18yo GlenRothes, i expected more character. Too little character in the palate with hot spices, oak an d dried fruits. In a medium finish with spices, herbs and wood, but a bit flat. Is perhaps as well as a digestif after a meal?
- Shows it's youth, but rather enjoyable.
Fruity and sweet. Wedding cake. Confectioners sugar. Parma violets.
Werther's original toffee. Creme caramel. Oaky. Peaches and cream.
Medium and dry. Oak and marmalade. Mixed ground pepper.