- Whiskybase ID
- Single Malt
- Distillery Bottling
- Virgin American Oak Finish
- 40.0 % Vol.
- 700 ml
- Bottle code
- L7057VB1 2058 14.28
- Added on
- 02 Feb 2020 10:37 pm by dahermann
one in wishlist
19 × member ratings
112 × in collection
Whisky Reviews for Laphroaig Select
6 users have left a review for this whisky and scored it an average of 83.13 points
- Tasting a bottle that has been open for 2 years and was still 75% full. Extremely tasty: pleasant Laphroaig smoke, paired with a creamy mouthfeel and mild vanilla sweetness. Surprisingly well maintained over the years. Seems better to me than the later bottlings that I had in the glass ..
- Quite a surprise, light peat, not as pronounced peat as Calrella 12, very light peat smell. But it's sweet. There is a little bitterness in the back part, the overall is very stable, and the ice is also good and cost-effective.
- Ian Hunter, the last of the founding family, visited Kentucky bourbon distilleries some 70 years ago to learn their aging techniques. Up until this point, all casks had come from Europe, resulting in a significantly sweeter Laphroaig. Hunter had a selection of ex-bourbon casks shipped to Scotland to test the casks on his whisky. This is the beginning of Laphroaig as we know it.
- Weak smoky, pleasant smell - with a spicy long finish. Top price / performance