- Whiskybase ID
- Single Malt
- Distillery Bottling
- Bottling serie
- Cask Finishes
- 50.0 % Vol.
- 700 ml
- Bottle code
- Added on
- 07 Jan 2020 9:27 pm by Xelonir
4 × in wishlist
21 × member ratings
60 × in collection
Whisky Reviews for Arran Amarone Cask Finish
7 users have left a review for this whisky and scored it an average of 85.61 points
- Like drinking a young Valpolicella Amarone. Just as elegant.
- 50% abv, arran really has the better cask finishes
Cherries, chocolate, turkish light, light fruit and lots of honey
Sherry cask (tannins) chocolate and cinnamon, and I also taste strawberry / plum / apricot
Quite spicy, cinnamon, and later deliciously soft and round .. and a little oak
- verry nice and smooth Whisky sublime for a summer night... highly fruity tones and aromas.
- Fruity, beautiful spices, balanced, refreshing red fruits. Water addition is strongly recommended, 50% alc. somewhat hide the great fruity character. Possibly one of the only whiskys that should be filled with fewer bums: D
- Great malt, but wouldn't need 50%.