Hinch Peated Single Malt HDC

83.22/100
Hinch Distillery Co. (HDC)
The Time Collection
2019
Strength
31 Dec 2019 9:12 am by tommyboy26

Whisky Reviews for Hinch Peated Single Malt HDC

1 users have left a review for this whisky and scored it an average of 83.22 points

1. Coldorak scored this whisky 86 points Expert Senior

Review taken from my blog: https://moredramslessdram.com/2020/06/04/hinch-tweet-tasting/

Colour: vin gris

Comments: While very young, it is delicious and the age doesn’t show too much. I honestly would have thought it was a bit older, but I’m still far from being an expert, so you would in your right mind to expect mistakes in my guesses! Anyway, this lovely peated combined with the citrus makes you think of quite famous distilleries, and this one was my favourite over the 05 and 10-year-old.
      Peat! Not a maritime one but an earthy continental peat. Smoke from a freshly extinguished bonfire, then citrus notes (lemon, orange peel, grapefruit) and green apples. It makes me think of a heavily peated Campbeltown single malt from a young distillery that I really like (Glengyle). Barbecued pineapple too. Yum.
    • Taste
      The palate makes us continue our journey, as we leave Campbeltown for Islay: we’re now in Caol Ila territory. Nice smoke notes, citrus again, good silky mouthfeel. Ginger, lemonade and a spoon of honey.
      Warm, with smoke and citrus fading away slowly leaving bittersweet remnants on the tongue and the palate.