- Single Malt
- Distillery Bottling
- Bottling serie
- Black Label Cork stopper
- Stated Age
- 15 years old
- 46.0 % Vol.
- 750 ml
- Added on
- 14 Mar 2010 2:42 pm
9 × in wishlist
61 × member ratings
75 × in collection
Whisky Reviews for Springbank 15-year-old
9 users have left a review for this whisky and scored it an average of 89.95 points
- Honey tropical fruits leather a bit of peat, typical springbank, very good!
- Superb. Really well balanced, complex and evolving.
Round fruit and camphor, apricot, peach, lilac. Ave. Aeration grapefruit appears.
Brandy of cider. Pepper.
On the palate it's more saline, caramel with milk. Hazelnut. Citrus fruits appear. Grapefruit. Apricot. Peach in syrup. Chocolate.
Spicy finish on chocolate, sherry, fruit compote.
- SB of the old school
leather, encaustic, an obvious waxy side
tropical fruits with a high proportion of cooked banana
cooked almonds, a little toasted
honey, white chocolate and herbs that make an infusion
chocolate again, melting licorice
sweet honey, wood, honey, dry but fragrant herbs
intense wood and a background of old leather
vanilla in return, an iodized side appears
the fruits are more on the apple and the candied pear, sipper!
candied and sweet white fruits
honey, vanilla, licorice leaves room for ashes,
intense and diverse finale
- Note made from a miniature. 90/91 points.
Leathery, fruity, waxy and oaky. Dried apricot, mango, white chocolate, litchi, apple, vanilla, minerals, marzipan and a whiff of peat. Although the oak starts off pretty heavy, it becomes lighter later on, like pencil shavings. A little marshmallow. Clearly a nose of days gone by, although some of it may be due to OBE.
Again a lot of dried apricot and oak. More beeswax. Mango, cocoa, peat, leather and pepper.
Now the peat comes forward. Milk chocolate, ash, dried apricot, nutmeg, chestnut and salmon sashimi with soy sauce.
- Compared to a 12yo Springbank of the same time period this 15yo is much smoother and fruitier. Actually I would have expected more smoky notes because I tried a Springbank 15yo Miniature from the same time period and it had much more smoke. Anyhow, this one is great on its own!
Rich, fruity, honey, tropical fruits, ripe bananas, pineapples, passion fruit, and also some citrus fruits and mineral notes
Very oily and liquorice, smooth, fruity, again citrus fruits and tropical fruits with a nice sweetness, some mineral notes, faint touch of smoke and leather
Medium long and smooth
- Pours medium amber/honey gold. Nose is beehive, raw honeycomb, orange blossom, flambéed banana, other burned and cooked sugars. Ginger and Christmas cake when it starts to breathe. Mouth has all of these, but more ripe mangoes and cooked apples. It has that "pear liqueur" thing that I find in good Springbanks -- kind of a fermented sweetness. It's tight, juicy. Superior to the "Hedley Wright" 21 year I've been drinking with it..this is tighter and more refined, but still very interesting.
- sold for £210 + comm tennants 26/09/15