- Single Malt
- Distillery Bottling
- Bottling serie
- Single Cask
- Calculated age
- 13 years old
- 1st Fill Oloroso Sherry Hogshead
- Number of bottles
- 58.9 % Vol.
- 700 ml
- Bottled for
- Added on
- 12 Dec 2019 10:51 pm by Whisky_Addicted
20 × in wishlist
22 × member ratings
39 × in collection
Whisky Reviews for Tamdhu 2006
6 users have left a review for this whisky and scored it an average of 90.11 points
- Typical Tamdhu! Lots of dark red fruits and some oak on the palate. Gorgeous long finish - dry and warming. Well done Tamdhu and Deinwhisky.de
- Tamdhu is not really my focus either, although I find this bottling very tasty and interesting. Neat sherry with lots of spices and fresh wood, nuts and chocolate, it could be worse ;-) Whether it is because of the distillery character or the barrel, some note disturbs me minimally at this bottling, which is whining again at a high level ...
Intense amber rests in the glass, a thick streak sticks to the glass wall of my premium snifter, which releases a multitude of small "legs". Caramelized sugar and dark fruits appear at the beginning of the nose, dried berries exude their wonderful aroma. A mixture of juicy oranges and zest from dried orange peel dominates the nose at the moment, spicy wood tones are added, raisins and dates pull through the nose and whet the appetite for more.
The tamdhu wets the tongue sweetly and bitterly at the same time, sugar and sweet berries combine to form a creamy melange, dark chocolate and a voluminous spice mixture melt together. Hazelnuts and sour cherries dissolve from dark chocolate and cold espresso, the sharpness of wood burns on the tongue, spices and herbs dominate again. The mouthfeel becomes noticeably creamier and oily, the dark and dried fruit aromas increase. Toffee melts in the mouth, a few crumbs of milk chocolate melt on the tongue.
The aftertaste is creamy, mild, oily and characterized by dark sherry flavors. Wooden elements appear, the pleasant sharpness fades away and leaves a nutty film on the tongue.
- Whisky notes gave it a 90
"Tamdhu 2006 (58,9%, OB for DeinWhisky.de 2019, first-fill Oloroso cask #2014, 341 btl.)
Nose: very intense, deep sherry. Prunes and dried figs. Leathery, almost earthy notes, with Mexican (spiced) chocolate and plenty of tobacco notes. Hints of cherry liqueur. Cinnamon and herbs. Walnuts and orange peel. Just a whiff of shoe polish. Pretty great if you’re into clean and heavy sherry bombs. Mouth: again quite a powerhouse, in a good way. Very rich, on spicy oak, chocolate and dark fruits. Figs, raisins, cherries. Some herbal tea and touches of eucalyptus. Hoisin sauce. Marmalade oranges. Big stuff which takes water well. Finish: long, herbal, with dark chocolate and a leafy / salty touch.
Majestic sherry, leaning towards the drier side but with enough fruits as well. This reminds us of the heavily sherried Glengoynes, even Macallans from yesteryear. Also, this is what we’re missing from GlenDronach nowadays. Expensive but a lovely selection from DeinWhisky.de, recommended.
- I like it very much - unfortunately very expensive for 13 years
- Sherry Sherry Sherry!!!
- Sherry Sherry Sherry!!!