- Single Malt
- Distillery Bottling
- Bottling serie
- Pear Shape bottle White label
- Stated Age
- 15 years old
- 43.0 % Vol.
- 750 ml
- Added on
- 14 Mar 2010 1:42 pm
2 × in wishlist
21 × member ratings
10 × in collection
Whisky Reviews for Springbank 15-year-old
5 users have left a review for this whisky and scored it an average of 91.53 points
- Typical springbank, fruity with a bit of mint, honey liquorice, very good!
- Serge's evaluation of (very probably) this one: http://www.whiskyfun.com/archivemay05-1.html#020505
- Not any smokiness that I wished but one of the most typical non-sherried Springbanks you can get - Great!
Sweet, lemony, malty, apples, pears, hints of oak and old books - very good
Fresh, punchy, very oily, liquorice, citrusy, lemons, some typical Springbank minerality, some honeyness, little peppery - excellent
Medium long, fruity and spicy
- What a ride! The best kind of flowery and dusty hayness combined with a stunnning sweet freshness and depth. One of the very best I have encountered so far. If this is just a notch above the basic line they used to enjoy back in the day - well ... as Orwell put it "I was not born for this age, was Smith, was Jones, were you?"...
Oh my! The intensivity of the combination of fudge, toffee-oak, green apple, appleseed and fresh lime/lemon caipirinha-style is just flabbergasting. Chamomile and Juicy Fruit from a supermundane stash (that, considering the context probably angels share among themselves). Underneath it a chicory-dryness. Dried lemon balm and fresh coriander. Sweet, salmiaky. The chamomile, honey and green apple grow stronger. Haybarn, flower meadow.
Sweet, round and deliciously nippy green and red apple, maple syrup, hazelnut. Really luscious and full-bodied. Honey, a hint of marzipan, truffle. Lime with cane sugar, green apple liquer. Dries just a hint.
A long and round honey-malt.